37

"Can you hold my bag for me, babe?"

Surely Nikolas Camillo after years of learning knew how to understand and speak the English language. Over the past few minutes, though, he was putting those years of learning to waste, replying monosyllabic replies if not low grunts of confirmation. He did it again, muttering a "Yup" before holding my small bag in his large hand. The sight had me snickering.

"You want another hotdog, baby?" I asked, grabbing another one for myself on the big table with too many food to chose from.

"No thanks," he mumbled as he silently watching me devour my food.

"Your hotdog tastes better than this one, darling, don't you worry."

I got a look from him which said 'Keep it down, goddamn.'

"Can you please get me some water, Nicky?" I batted my eyelashes as I wiped ketchup off my mouth, "I'm thirsty."

"Mhm," was his bored reply, walking away from me and grabbing a bottle of water, "as always."

"Open it for me, sweetheart," I told him with my voice dripping honey.

Nikolas complied. As he handed me the bottle, he was watching me through narrowed eyes, "You're enjoying this, huh?"

"Free food and a free boyfriend?" I asked, swallowing the rest of my food, "What's not to enjoy, darling?"

"Stop with the endearments, Rosaleen," he glared at me once before rolling his eyes. He was becoming a Rosaleen 2.0.

"I'm sorry, daddy," I squeaked, wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my cheek against his chest. I felt Nikolas tense.

"Oh, don't go there," he said, planting a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't like being called daddy?" I wondered, looking up at him, his facial hair tickling my forehead.

"I don't," he spoke sternly and for a second, I swear I saw his cheeks stained pink. Liar.

"May I interrupt the lovebirds?" Benjamin's voice sounded from behind Nick. Pulling away, I stood beside my boyfriend, holding his hand in mine.

Was I making the most out of it?

Yes, I was.

"Hey, you found us," said Nikolas, turning to face his therapist.

"Ruben's looking for you," said Benjamin, and suddenly my mind's starting to get fried with all the names I've heard and had to remember, "Wants you to meet his family."

"Where is he?" asked Nikolas.

"Near the tank," said Benjamin.

Nikolas looked at me, silently asking if it would be okay to leave me with his friend. I smiled and nodded once. "Keep the girl busy, yeah?" said Nikolas.

"I got it," Benj replied, flashing me a charming smile. Nikolas walked off, heading to the west wing where I could see a man with his family—wife and three kids, all boys.

"So," I smiled at Benjamin, "You're the therapist."

He clapped his hands together as a low chuckle erupted from his chest, "I am. You're the girlfriend?" he wondered, knowingness in his eyes as he gazed at me.

"I am," I answered, him knowing fully well who I truly was to Nikolas, "My boyfriend said he told you all about me."

Benjamin Franklin huffed, the ghost of a smile haunting his lips, "He did, but those things are confidential. Sorry, Ms. Martin," he shook his head.