21

I was born to wear red. Nikolas Camillo was aware of it. I know this because his whole frame paused when I took my robe off. His hand tightened around the glass of bourbon and his eyes zeroed in on my body.

You might be wondering what on Earth I'm doing in a red swimsuit at this time of year, tits out and all. Well, let me start with Thurday night.

I came home after school and had dinner with Wyatt. It was the typical chat at first, nothing too interesting until the mention of Nikolas. He'd invited the principal to visit on Friday night—tonight, for some cold drinks and unbeknownst to my brother, I wanted to slap him across the face. I didn't want Nick drinking. So I took it upon myself to offer a distraction.

Just so Wyatt wouldn't question my sudden interest of taking a swim at nine, I informed him that I also invited some friends for a little get together by the pool. Then, right before Nikolas arrived, I told him that they canceled but that I was still in the mood for a dip.

Mr. Camillo arrived at around nine-thirty in black jeans and a black button-up. By then, I was already suited and covered with a soft white robe.

"Good evening, Mr. Camillo," my voice was so high it annoyed even me.

Nikolas looked worried for himself, "Where's your brother?"

"Upstairs," I stepped aside, "Come in."

His look told me that he knew I was up to no good. Nikolas trailed behind me as I led him to our bar just before the windows to the backyard.

"Sit," I offered.

Then, hands on my hips, I turned to him. "I must say, I'm disappointed. You said you wanted to stop."

Nick remained quiet as if I had just scolded him. I leaned close to his ear, "I hope you control yourself tonight."

I left him waiting for my brother. He was hunched over the counter and I made my way to the lounge chair outside. Surprisingly, the temperature was bearable. Not the best time for a night dip but not the worst either. When I saw my brother from my peripheral vision, I knew it was showtime.

The two men greeted each other. Ten minutes later, they were laughing at whatever shit men laugh about. Nikolas looked like he's forgotten all about me. I knew otherwise. I stood, and with an ecstatic surge of thrill, unrobed and let the cotton fall to my feet.

Wyatt was laughing hard at something. Nikolas, on the other hand, had his smile faltering when his eyes swept to me. The glass in his hand looked like it was about to break.

Slowly, I submerged myself in the water and for the next thirty minutes, I felt like I was being watched.

I was fucking freezing when I got out of the pool but no, I couldn't cover up. Not when I could feel Nick's gaze from the top of my head to my feet.

I noticed that he hasn't gotten himself another glass of whiskey yet. He was too focused on something else. Plus, we wouldn't want him speaking his drunk thoughts to my brother now, would we?

While Wyatt wasn't looking, I dropped my robe into the pool. Acting as if I was shivering to death, I waved my hands to catch Wyatt's attention. I pointed at the robe and through gestures, asked him to get me another one. He rolled his eyes and sighed before getting up, muttering something to Nick, and leaving.

I couldn't suppress the smile that found its way to my lips. I flipped my wet hair over my shoulders and walked inside. I was nearly frozen when I entered, but I kept my cool. Pun intended.

"Don't come any closer," he was staring straight at the counter as if it was growing carrots. He didn't sound as convincing as he probably thought.

I did come closer. I stood by his side and grabbed his hand, him hesitating at first before letting it go slack and follow where I plant it on: my cheek as I drew his thumb into my mouth. He watched when I bit down and when I laughed at his reaction.