9

Mr. Camillo was nowhere to be seen when I got back to the library. I was in a state of 'Holy fuck.'

"Where's the principal?" I asked Aiden.

He shrugged, "Excused himself," he leaned back and crossed his arms, "Personal stuff."

I nodded weakly, still unable to fully process what just happened. The meeting went on but I wasn't able to absorb a single thing. No, not when Camillo just 'gave a taste of my own medicine'. I wanted to overdose.

I hadn't seen Jared since the night Mom came. When I asked Wyatt about it, he said Jared requested time off from driving because, in Jared's words, he hurt his eye. Seeing him by my car right outside of school made me feel relieved.

But why would I feel relieved? I wanted him gone.

His face was blank. "Ms. Martin," he greeted way too formally as he took my bag and opened the door for me.

"Mr. Cohen," I mimicked, "Thank you."

I stepped into the vehicle and it was quiet for the first few minutes. I was still buzzed from a dose of Nikolas Camillo but I could spare some thoughts for Jared. I wasn't used to apologizing so I just explained myself, hoping that it could be enough.

"I went to a party that night with my friends," I started, "I just wanted to be free again. I didn't want my dad or Wyatt's leash on me."

Jared said nothing. He kept driving, one hand on the wheel.

"It's my fault," he spoke after a while. His voice was clear and blank, "I wasn't doing my job properly."

I still haven't talked to Wyatt about letting Jared go. Especially now that the Rhea Acklin situation presented itself, the man's barely home. It makes me slightly kinda partly a little bit sad to think of Jared being reassigned but I can't have him potentially ruining things for Nikolas and I. The very least, I'd feel better if we're okay again before he goes.

"I'm kinda sorry," I said before I could talk myself out of it.

"Kinda?" he looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, kinda," I shrugged, "I may have lied but you believed it."

Before I could continue to mess up my apology, I added, "But I shouldn't have lied about something like that."

I was partly true. I should've just lied about being sick or having an emergency or whatever. The emotional mother-daughter relationship story was a bad choice.

"Yes, you shouldn't have."

We were quiet again. He hasn't really accepted my apology yet.

"You should've just lied about having the flu or something and snuck out," he said with a sly smile.

"Next time then." We looked at each other on the mirror again, "Does this mean I'm forgiven?"

"Do I have a choice?"

I smiled back. As soon as I got home, I headed straight to my room and locked the door. My bathroom was a good place to touch myself. The bed, too, but somehow, I was still sexually frustrated. I wanted Nikolas to take me however he wanted me, whenever he wanted me, and wherever he wanted me. But does he actually want me? Yes. He's just in denial.

Sighing, I let my hands wander to my chest. I grasped myself through the thin fabric of my nightgown, desperately trying to feel again what Nikolas made me feel in the restroom. Thinking of him had me wondering what he was doing at the moment.

Did he relieve the boner I gave him? Does a man like him still jerk off? Did he ignore it and suffer from blue balls? Did he fuck his wife? Made love to her with the thought of me? Surely he did not tell her. I hugged a pillow to my chest and waited for sleep to come, thinking of paying him a visit the next day.