25

It's been a month.

It's been a month since I last saw Nikolas.

It's been a month since he held me in his arms and uttered three little words that changed my life forever.

You're lost, aren't you? Well, that's because I'm kidding and it's actually only been four days since I last saw him and instead of proclaiming attachment, what really happened was a testosterone stand-off between him and my dear friend Sean.

Sean. The very same man who's currently seated opposite me in our usual cafe. Of course, we were not alone. To my right was Aiden who was engrossed in a fictional book about aliens and the space-time continuum.

The last time I was with the two in the very same seats and the same building, they were arguing wether strawberry or blueberry tasted better. That was also the day I took Sean to my place and the very first time we had sex. Our eyes met and it seems like we were thinking of the same thing.

Today's Monday and our classes were mild because everyone's adjusting to the start of the final term. Just a few more months and I'll be off to college. I didn't know where I wanted to go yet, but Wyatt already had a few universities in mind. And I didn't need to worry about slots since we could just pay the place off.

Going back: I haven't seen Nikolas in four days. It was Thursday when he and Sean put me in between their sandwich. I didn't see a glimpse of him this weekend, and neither his shadow on Monday but I really needed to talk to him because on Thursday, after I got home and finally checked my phone, I found out that the man did indeed reply to my messages of the previous night.

Dick Camillo: i was hoping you'd be there

Dick Camillo: Rose?

Dick Camillo: we need to talk

Dick Camillo: talk to me

Dick Camillo: goodnight

Those were his exact messages. I tried calling him again after I read them but he never answered. During lunch time, I tried knocking on his door only to receive the cold shoulder from the other side of the wood.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled mindlessly through the texts again. I shouldn't be too bothered since he already told me to move on to the next man, but I was.

"Dick Camillo?" Aiden rose a brow as he squinted his eyes at my screen. Quick as lightning, I moved my device away,

"Didn't your mama ever tell you not to mind other people's business?"

I felt a second set of eyes on me. I glanced at Sean to see that his mood's gone sour at the mention of Nikolas.

"Text buddies now?" said Sean.
"What's your problem?" I asked him, showing that I've had enough.

"He's my problem," Sean rose a brow, "I still don't think you should be involved with him. I don't care if you like me back or not—we're past that. But as your friend, I care about you and I don't want you getting yourself into this mess," he sounded as authoritative as Wyatt during his sermons.

"Too late for that," I mumbled as I turned my phone off and shoved it elsewhere,
"Can we please not do this now?"

"I'm sorry, Rose, but I still don't get it," his voice rose, "Why do you constantly throw yourself at him?"

"Why did you constantly throw yourself at me?"

The words must've hurt but they were out before I could stop them.

"Ooh-kay," Aiden spoke up, "Enough. You two are clearly in need of some blueberry frappucinos." He slammed his book close and put it down.

"Strawberry for me," Sean grumbled as he glared into nothing.