40

A crowd had formed near the stage. All other shit before the coronation didn't matter. I just want my friends to win already.

Aiden and I watched as the prom king was the first one to be announced. Jeric, Sean, and three other guys were lined up on the stage.

Jeric looked like a shy potato whereas Sean looked like he owns the place.

Dripping with confidence—I guess that's why he won.

The crowd went wild when the name Sean Caron was announced. Amused, I watched as Sean shook Ms. Xi's hand followed by Mr. Amble's, and finally Mr. Camillo's. Brazenly, Sean not only shook the other man's hand, but also gave him a pat on the shoulder. The crown looked perfect on Sean.

There was clearly room for more celebration. Jie's name was called out right after, deeming the woman as the queen.

The pair looked wonderful on the stage as they received applause from everyone. Then came the short speech. Sean's was short, simply thanking everyone who voted whereas Jie's seemed like she had the whole thing planned out beforehand with a mental list of people to thank including me.

We were eventually back in our tables by the time Mr. Amble started with the closing remarks. My phone buzzed in my purse.

Dick Camillo: something came up rose

Dick Camillo: i dont think i can make it tonigit

Dick Camillo: im so sorry

Way to hurt me again, Mr. Camillo.

I was going to fight with him over text when I felt someone forging holes through my cheek. It was him.

'I'm sorry,' the man mouthed before he exited the room with a serious expression on his face and speed in his strides. I rolled my eyes. I won't let him ruin my night.

Once the rest of the festivities at WL came to an end, we were set to go to the afterparty. Aiden and I waited outside for Jared, Aiden's jacket now around my shoulders. He smelled expensive.

"How was it?" Jared asked when we got inside.

"Amazing," I said to the driver who probably experienced the opposite while having to wait the whole night, "I'll text you the address of the after party."

The prom king was the host of the after party. Sean's separated cabin in their lot was packed with students, some not even from Goldenlux. I took a bag I left in the car that contained a simple red romper that ties to the front. I changed into that and gave Jared the gown to bring home.

I put my hair up in a ponytail because it was getting very hot in house, and I didn't just mean in the literal sense.

I mean that Jie and Jeric have locked themselves in the bathroom; that Aiden was shirtless on the dance floor, showing everyone his newly learned stripper moves; there's a couple in the pool eating each other's faces off; the kitchen has baseball players singing to Taylor Swift as they do body shots off a sex doll. It was wild in all directions.

Nikolas texted me an hour ago to apologize again. I haven't replied and I didn't plan to.

I walked into the main house which was also filled with people, but nothing compared to Sean's little detached sanctuary. In times like this is when I miss Viktor and Dani the most. They would love this party.

With that thought, I took my phone out and as I sat on the puffy sofa, making sure not to go near the patch of wetness on the far end. Fucking disgusting.

I scrolled through my contacts until I found Dani's number. Before I could push it, Dick called.

I rejected the call.