10

Rhea Acklin dramatically stood at the top of the staircase. She wore a form-fitting green dress along with some nude heels that made her long legs look endless. Her makeup was immaculately done—not an eyelash out of place.

I, on the other hand, sat on the loveseat beside Sean. Silver silk enveloped my body in the form of a spaghetti-strapped dress that ended mid-thigh. On my eyes were the sharpest eyeliner wings I had ever drawn and on my lips was a deep shade of red smudge-proof lipstick—perfect for eating dinner and sucking dick, whether it be Sean's or Nick's. Hopefully the latter this time.

Wyatt and Sean have gotten acquainted within one hour since he'd arrived. The food was already cooked and only waited to be served once the principal arrives. Throughout my preparation, my head had paced around a field, gathering possibilities for the night. Still, something told me that the unexpected will happen

The doorbell rang and my heart leaped. Nikolas. After sharing a knowing look with Sean Caron, he offered his arm and we joined Mom in the foyer.

"Mr. Camillo!" she chirped when the grown man emerged from the white double doors.

How many times have I described Nikolas with an adjective that is commonly used for food? I don't care. Let me do it again. Nikolas looked scrumptious. Nikolas looked like a guilty pleasure—a big, fat, sweet peach cheesecake with a honey graham base. The type you'd wanna keep eating until you explode.

Nick Camillo in a black suit with a deep red button up and no tie was the picture I would love to engrave in my mind forever as both the homescreen and lockscreen. He looked even better than when I saw him at that Alexeev charity event. That night, he screamed fine and elegant, sexy and charming. Tonight? he screamed sinful.

His five o'clock shadow was there but shaped and his soft hair looked naturally laid back. Aside from his wedding ring, thick and stylish silver jewelry were on his middle finger and index finger. I couldn't get my eyes off him. He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and will ever see.

I swallowed. Is this what he was talking about? Him looking finer than wine only motivated me with my plans.

I felt Sean nudge my elbow. I realized that I stood dumbstruck for a solid minute. We walked up to Camillo who just finished greeting my mother and brother. They retreated to the kitchen.

"Mr. Camillo," Sean shook his hand.

"Ah, Mr. Caron," Nikolas smiled, flashing his perfect teeth, "I was told you'll be joining us," he patted Sean's back before turning to me.

"Ms. Martin," his eyes gleamed with charm and I found myself blinded.

His eyes trailed down my form and settled on my chest—particularly my cleavage, before being drawn back to my eyes. My cheeks were burning. It was rare. I haven't blushed in so long that I already forgot what it felt like.

What is this man doing to me?

"Nikolas," miraculously, my voice was loud and clear, "You clean up well."

"Thank you, Rose."

"Shall we?" I gestured to the kitchen and the three of us started towards it. I felt Nikolas's gaze penetrating from behind me.

He can penetrate behind me with something else later.

The food was already set on the table. No one sat at the head of the table. On the right were Wyatt and mom. On the other side was Sean, me, and Nikolas.

I was in a testosterone sandwich.

"Let's say grace?" Wyatt insisted, offering his hand to mom and the other to Sean. Rhea held hands with Nikolas across the table and I didn't miss how she kept grazing her thumb against the back of his hand.