38

Leonel chose the wrong day to wear one of his best designer suits.

It's either that or I chose the wrong place to take him to.

For laughs, I actually did it on purpose.

The gentleman's hair was slicked back as always, his posture perfect and his aura drenched in power. Leonel Alexeev looked out-of-place as he sat in a yellow and pink booth with me, a seven-dollar burger platter in front of him and 2010 pop music blaring in the background.

I snapped another picture.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, making me think that I'm starting to rub off on everyone.

"Rosaleen, stop that," he said, just in time for me to snap another one.

There wasn't wrong with diners like Owen's. The chicken tasted good despite the grease and the baked macaroni obviously took time and a hell lot of herbs to make. For prices below ten dollars, it was quite amazing.

Admittedly, though, I wouldn't have gone here if it wasn't for this joke—a joke that Leonel didn't seem to find funny.

"Oh, please," I snorted, "It's not that bad," and to prove it, I slid my milkshake across the table, "Try it."

"I am not going to drink that, Rosaleen," he grumbled.

"Taste it, Leo," I tried again, "Just one sip."

"It looks like a tall glass of cum, malyshka."

"You're overreacting."

I wrapped my lips around the red straw and sipped the vanilla beverage, satisfied with the flavor afterwards. "It's good, I swear."

"No."

"You're a killjoy," I crossed my arms and started eating the rest of my macaroni. He muttered something in Russian under his breath before grabbing a fork and knife and slicing into his burger.

I watched as he reluctantly brought the food into his mouth, slowly evaluating the taste before chewing normally.

"I think I love him, Leo."

Leonel choked on his burger, hurriedly grabbing my milkshake to down the food.

Look at this loser.

He cleared his throat and grabbed a tissue to wipe his mouth. When the man was finally composed, he spoke, "Took you long enough to realize."

"What now?" I glared at the plate of fries in between us.

I glanced outside so see Jared still standing outside by my car. After our moment yesterday, I figured it'd be fine for him to know that I'm meeting Leonel. Only to talk, anyway. He already knew I love Nick. He was kind enough not to tell my brother if my brother wouldn't ask.

"You're young, Rosaleen," he waved dismissively, "Just see where it takes you."

Nick's words rang in my mind. He called me insensitive.

"Wouldn't that be insensitive? Nick's marriage is on the line. This can change their lives," I told him but truthfully, it was a stupid question. I should've thought about that before I slutted out. But again, I wasn't in love back then and I didn't think I would be.

Leonel hummed as he thought for a second, "He's insensitive too. He's cheating, isn't he?"

I played with the chicken on my plate. I pretty much forced Nikolas into it. It was entirely my fault.

"Bianca too," Leonel eagerly ate more of his burger, "If she's as bad as you think she is or worse, then she's insensitive for making their relationship revolve around her family issues and success. No one here is a saint, Rosaleen. So which among you evil fuckers is gonna win?"