Neighbors

"Okay now Nika, come on with your brothers. We have to meet the new neighbors"
"Coming" I said running down the stairs. My mom was waiting by the door with my brothers. We all left out our house and went next door to the Graham's. Mrs. Graham opened the door and let us in.
"I brought you a plate of cookies" my mom said handing it to her.
"Oh that's nice, I had just made some lemonade" she said walking us through her house.
"You have a lovely home, thank you for inviting us over" my mom said.
"Anytime. So how many kids do you have?" She asked.
"I have my daughter and two sons. " she answered taking a seat.
"Oh okay, I have my son and our adopted daughter" she said. "I think she is around your daughters age" she added. "Kat!" She yelled. Immediately a girl around my age in a purple dress came running downstairs.
"Yes mama" she said.
"This is Onika, why don't you go play with her?" She said.
"Okay" she said and took my hand. We ran up to her room. It was decorated and had a dollhouse with dolls on shelves. "You'll be going to my school with me and my brother?" She asked.
"Yeah"
"Do you know what class you're going to be in?" She asked. I shook my head. "Its okay, if we eat lunch at the same time we can sit together. I can introduce you to my friends" she said with a smile. I smiled back. We left out her room and went to the backyard. My brother Caiah and her brother Aubrey were playing basketball. He seen me and paused, enough time that Caiah stole the ball and made a shot in the basket.
"Aubrey you're going to get all sweaty" Kat said to her brother. He tried to hug her. "Ew! Get away from me!" She shouted. He laughed.
"You're Onika right?" He said to me.
"That's my name" I replied.
"Aubrey, consider yourself lucky"
"I am the lucky one since I'm not the one smelling like sweat and outside" I said. He managed to hold in a laugh.
"Feisty, okay Onika" he said. "What is your talent?" He asked.
"Acting, some singing and rapping" I answered.
"That's cool, but leave the rap thing to me" he said patting his chest.
"Boy I'll rap you like a piece of candy "
"What's that suppose to mean?"
"It means I'll eat you and your raps" I said then walked away with Kat. Somehow I could tell me and Aubrey had a love and dislike relationship. I can't say hate cause' my mom says hate isn't worth a person or thing. Kat and I ate cookies and drank lemonade in the kitchen. Our moms were talking about the school and the area. After being there for an hour and a half me and my brother left. She made us take a bath and get ready for dinner then bed.
"Nika you wear that pink dress and I want you in my bathroom to straighten your hair in the morning and Caiah tell your father to iron your outfit"
"Okay mama" we both said from our rooms. I said my prayer before bed and went to sleep.

Dedicated to xaulanix