From Time

It's been a few months now since I started attending my new school. I like it a lot so far and made new friends. Last week Drake and me got into a huge debate over the girls cheerleading squad. Him and Wayne were saying the cheerleaders were the only girls who weren't gross. But anyways the school was having a dance and the guys had to ask the girls. I was sorta hoping Drake would ask me. Even though he can be so annoying and likes to get under my skin, I like Drake. I may of clowned him when we first met but I was crushing on him.

"So who you wanna go to the dance with ?" Kat asked. Our moms were taking us all shopping for outfits and I wanted to look really pretty.

"I have no one specific. Just as long as it isn't Jordan. He's annoying" I said.

"Yeah, I want Trey to ask me. I think he's so cute" she said gushing.
"Yeah, you told me like a million times" I said. She just blushed innocently.

"Come on Kat, I have a few dresses I want you to try on". She left with her mom and I stayed with mine.

"Nika your dad doesn't like the idea of this dance. He thinks it's not necessary at your age. Just know he wants you and whoever ask you to the dance to be good."

"I know mama" I said. She handed me two dresses.
"Try these on and choose" she said.

On my way to the dressing room I hear Kat laughing at Drake as he complained about his mom fixing his suit. I laughed and went into the dressing room. I had the choice between a pink and black dress and a white and black dress. I chose the pink and black dress. Mainly because it went with Drake. Wink wink.

After everyone was situated with what they were gonna wear we paid and left.

The next day at school was interesting. Drake usually tries to get under my skin at least once but he hadn't said anything to me all day. At lunch we ended up sitting across from eachother. Kat and our other friends already were set because they were already asked by people to the dance. Only people who didn't have someone to go with was me, Wayne, Candice and Drake. Now I know Candice has been here longer than me at the school but I don't think they would go together.....would they?

Before recess we had an assembly to go to. Somehow Drake needed up sitting next to me during it.

"Man this is boring" he said in hushed tone.
"Just a little" I said. I just noticed this is the first he has talked to me today.
"Nicki has anyone asked you to the dance?" He asked. I looked at him and felt like jumping to excitement. Is this the moment I was waiting for???
"No....have you asked anyone?" I asked non-chalant.
"I was gonna ask you" he said turning to me.
"Really?" I asked not being able to hold in a smile. He showed a small smile.
"Yeah, I thought about asking someone else but I think we would have more fun" he said. "So what do you say, will you go to the dance with me?"
"Yes" I said. I couldn't wait to just run out the room and jump up and down in complete utterly excitement. After it was over I gathered around the girls and told them Drake asked me.
"Drake? My brother Drake?" Kat asked shocked.
"Yes. Aren't you happy for me?" I asked.
"Yes, it's just I never would of guessed" she said. I laughed.
"Me either" I said. Low key I did.

For the rest of that day I couldn't help but be excited. Knowing that Drake and I were going together just makes me happy.

Later that day my mama helped me get ready. She let me wear a diamond headband with my hair down and straight (a little past her shoulders) and I had on my dress with some black little girl heels. I over heard my dada say he was happy it was Drake instead of any other boy because then he knew I was with someone with sense. I laughed when he brought up the fact that he lived right next door and knew when we would both be home. Drake came walking over to my house and I answered the door. He smiled and my mom took a picture of us. Then his mom made me, Drake, Kat and Caiah take a photo together.

"Y'all are just so cute" she squealed. Then we all left to go to the dance.

Inside was music we liked playing, a table filled with food and sweets, teachers around at every corner and twinkling lights with decorations everywhere. I just couldn't wait for the fun to begin. We sat at a table and talked about funny things with the teachers and went to dance with our friends to the pop songs. Everything was all great until one particular song came on. Shape of my heart by the backstreet boys. Drake looked at me before taking my hand. I smiled lightly and since we can't dance close, we had to be arms length.both our hands on each other's shoulders.

"I'm having fun" I said.
"Me too" he said. "Nicki I thought you'd say no honestly"

"Why?"
"Because I always mess with you and just like to mess with you just to get you mad"

"Yeahhh, but my mom says when boys get on your nerves purposefully they like you"

"I won't say like. You still gross " he said. I pinched his arm. "Oww!!! I was just playing" he said rubbing my pinch. I laughed.

"Im not too gross if you asked". He looked at me and laughed.

"Thanks for saying yes" he said. The song started going off.

"I think it's time for us to go home now" I said. We went home and Drake's mom said to walk me up to the door.

"You looked pretty tonight" he said. I smiled.

"Not so bad yourself" I said. He smiled. We walked up to my door step.

"I'll see you around" he said. I just nodded. He pecked me on the lips quickly and ran off to his house. I laughed and smiled. Since no one was watching, that I knew of at least, I jumped up and down squealing. Best night ever.