Yes I did, Yes I did

Later that night Carol had dinner finished and the dining room was set. Caiah answers the door and let's in the Grahams'.

"Carol this looks so good. You didn't have to do all this alone" Sandy says. Carol laughs.

"I didn't and I didn't. Nicki helped a little bit" she says.

Drake looks to Nicki and hands her the bag she left.

"Everything you had left is in there" he says. She takes it and goes upstairs to put it down. When's he comes back everyone was getting ready to take a seat at the table.

"Nicki or Caiah will one of you give grace?" Carol asks as everyone gathers hands.

"I'll say it" Caiah says. Everyone closes their eyes and bows their heads. "Lord let's us all thank you for the many blessings we have received and keep receiving. Thank you for letting us be fortunate enough to endure in such a great meal such as the one we are about to consume and thank you for letting us be able" he says. "Amen" everyone says.

"I'm really hungry now" Kat says looking at the macaroni.

"Me too" says Caiah. Everyone was passing around a dish.

"So what happened earlier today?" Sandy asks.

"Mama you had to bring that up again?" Drake asks.

"I would actually like to know why the fight started?" Carol says.

"Before we get into anything" Kat says. "Let me just say waking up and coming outside in some bunny pajamas and slides and seeing your big brother outside fighting your friends ex boyfriend is not something I thought I would wake up to" she says laughing with everyone.

"Wait ex boyfriend? " Sandy asks.

"Yes. We broke up"

"Did you go to prom together?"

"Yeah. We went as a couple and came back as nothing" Nicki says eating her chicken wings.

"Drake you broke up with Alexis last night I heard" Caiah says.

"Yeah."

"What?" His mom asks with Carol.

"I'm glad he did too. I couldn't stand her" Kat says.

"Everyone was cheating on us last night" Nicki blurts out.

"What did Calvin do?" Carol asks making Nicki laugh.

"He says someone drugged him and he was drunk but he didn't even smell like alcohol. And he was talking normal and acting normal" she says.

"Myles was drinking. He probably was doped up too but he lied to my face and didn't care" Kat says.

"He was a punk anyways. Just like Calvin" Drake says.

"So what started the fight?" Sandy asks. Drake and Nicki look at each other with Kat smirking at them.

"Yeah what started the fight?" Kat asks. Caiah laughs.

"I did" Nicki confesses.

"Nah it was Calvin" Drake says.

"Okay what?" Sandy asks.

"Drake was protecting Nicki" Carol says simply.

"How sweet Aubrey" Sandy says.

"Now that I think of it you didn't come home last night Onika. You said you broke up with Calvin so what happened with the hotel room between all of you?" Carol asks.

"Didn't go to a hotel. Obviously I was with Drake the whole night" Nicki says with laughter.

"You spent the whole night with him?" She asks.

"Oh so y'all call yourselves dating?" Sandy says. Drake and Nicki both burst out into laughter.

"Yes they do" Kat says smiling hard.

"Oh my" Sandy says. "Well I love you Nicki"

"And I love you Drake. I also liked Calvin but he failed to loyalty to my baby"

"That temptation man" Caiah says making everyone look at him.

"What?" He asks.

"Better be a good boyfriend to Nicki or I will whoop your ass Drake" Sandy says. Drake nearly chokes on his food.

"What if she not a good girlfriend to me?" He asks making them all laugh.

"Dessert anyone?" Carol asks going to get some chocolate cake.

Throughout the dinner everyone kept talking about Nicki and Drake and then started to get into Caiah business.

"Alright alright" he says getting up. "I'm done eating and being teased" he says leaving to go up the stairs.

"Thank you for having us over for dinner" Sandy says standing. "I'll help you clean all this up" she says. "Plus we can have some time to talk alone" she says helping clear the table.

"I full and I feel tired" Nicki says.

"Same" Kat says rubbing on her stomach. "But I'm more sleepy tho. Mom I'm going home!" She yells before leaving.

"Your mom has always been funny to me" Nicki says as Drake holds her hand.

"Mine? She was just acting." He says.

"Let's go watch a movie" she says walking towards the living room. She turns on her fire stick and they browse through the movies until they agree on one. Snuggling close to Drake and laying her head on his shoulder he holds her hand in his. Knowingly they both felt things were going in a good direction.