Laughed at That

Nicki was ready to go and have her best friends day with Drake. They were going out for a morning walk. She met him outside her house.

"Drake you look like you're about to go hiking" Nicki said looking at his camouflage shorts.

"These happen to be very comfortable" he says.

"I see" she says as they start to walk.

"Hey were you okay after last nights party?"

"Yeah. I just don't like Jayson for pressuring me"

"Me either. You're too young for that" he says.

"You too" Nicki says punching his arm. "And did you work out the situation with Jill and Alicia?"

"No and I don't care too. They too thirsty and I'm not into them like that. "

"You should just tell them you're saving yourself for someone special"

"That sound like some girly shit" Drake says making Nicki laugh.

"Well its true" she says looking at him.

"Since you think you know so much, who then?"

"Who what?"

"Who am I saving myself for?"

"Who knows" Nicki says laughing. Drake grabs her and starts tickling her.

"Drake! Stop! I can't - can't breathe" she says. He releases her.

"Don't make false accusations " he says.

"But its true"

"Only you would know that"

"Cause I'm your best friend" she says. Drake thought for a second. They approached their neighborhood park. "Drake were you jealous that I was hanging out with Jayson?"

"Me? Jealous? Girl please" he said in total denial. Nicki was upset that he wasn't admitting anything to her.

"You know it's okay to be honest about the way you feel to me" she says.

"For what Nic? To let you go and know how I feel every second about everything?"

"I mean why can't I?"

"I'm not sensitive and that's what you're being right now. I'm gonna need you to tighten up" he says.

"I guess" she says getting on the swing. "Push me Drake" she says. He goes around the swing and lightly pushes her.

"I wasn't jealous" he says out of the blue. "I just know Jayson wasn't the dude you should've been considering as a boyfriend" he says.

"Why wouldn't you say anything?!" She says jumping off the swing and turning towards him.

"You wasn't up for hearing all that. You always tell me to mind my business and let you see for yourself"

"You still didn't try hard enough!" She yelled.

"Nicki why are you so mad at me?!"

"Cause you're my best friend Drake! If any of those girls were just after you for the wrong reasons I would say something all the time until you get it through that thick skull" Nicki says.

"Oh I see. Nicki as your best friend I should of been a better protector of you and I'm sorry" he says. Nicki just looks at him. He goes to hug her. She just hits him on the head and swings.

"Drake why did you go to the party?"

"I knew you would be there" he says.

"I should of never went. I didn't even want to go" she says.

"I got you for now on Nic" Drake says forcing her to stop swinging and hug him. She laughs and they walk back to their neighborhood. Nicki's mom was outside planting and Kat was sitting in her driveway painting with music playing from their garage. She considers herself an artist.

"Nicki look !" She squeals at a portrait she had been working on.

"That is really nice Kat" she says continuing to walk up to her house.

"See you later Nic" Drake says.

"Mama" Nicki says.

"Yes?"

"There is popcorn and snacks in the house right?"

"Why?"

"Cause today is me and Drake's best friend day" she says.

"There should be enough for y'all to snack on for atleast a movie or two" she says.

"Okay" she says and goes up to her room. She left her phone so she checked to see if she had any messages. Jayson had left her a few but she ignored them.

Hours later Drake was setting up the backyard for the movie night outside. Nicki brought over her snacks.

They set up their spots and chose a movie to watch

"My favorite part!" Nicki says. The movies they chose were always quoted and watched more than at least 5 times.

They were into their fourth movie when it was time for Nicki to get home.

"That's not funny" Nicki says as Drake pours popcorn over her. They end up having a popcorn fight with one another.

"Okay okay I'm done" Drake says laughing mad hard. Nicki laughs at the popcorn she put in his hair. Meanwhile getting popcorn out of her shirt Drake is amused.

"Never again" Nicki says. Drake and her share a hug and she leaves.

Going up to her room she gets whatever popcorn was left. She goes to window when she sees Drake enter his room and opens it.

"Popcorn head" she says.

"What kernel?" He says making her laugh.

"Thanks for today, again" she says.

"Welcome " he says. She closes her window back and shuts the blinds. She then goes to lay down and think about Drake. Ironically Drake was thinking about Nicki.