Its complicated

Going on with this school year is just too crazy. That is with how I'm feeling with certain girls. I know I'm cute to a lot of girls in middle school but I think  me and Nicki be thinking we dating on the cool. Yet I don't even know what dating is. Wayne on the other hand says we flirt a lot. And we do.

"Drake can you stop pushing me?!" Nicki says getting irritated at her desk. I laugh knowing I was getting on her nerves. I decide to stop and we head to lunch after class.

"Nic we have to stay at your house after school." Kat says sitting next to us.

"She says daddy has to work late and she doesn't come home til 6 tonight" she says.

"Does my mom know?" Nicki asks.

"Yeah"

"Cool, we can watch our show" she says. Nicki and Kat are weird when it comes to t.v shows. They don't like spongebob but they like Fairly odd Parents and Tom and Jerry. One show I agree with them on is Ed, Edd, and Eddie. That's my stuff. Going over to Nicki's house we seen our moms car in the driveway.

"Kat didn't mom say she wasn't getting off til later tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said.

"Maybe you guys don't have to come over after all" Caiah says. Me and Kat started going to our house and walking inside we go upstairs. We see our mom and before we could get a word out she yells at us to go over to Nicki's house.

"Go now!" She yells. She looked like she was in pain from her eyes. Like she has been crying. "Did you hear me!? I said go over there!" She yelled. We both knew she was getting seriously angry so we ran out the house. Nicki, Caiah and their mom were standing outside their house.

"Didn't your mom tell you to come over here?" She asked looking at us with folded arms.

"Yeah but we seen her car and thought it was okay to go home" Kat says.

"You'll have to stay over until your mom says to send you home" she says.

"Is she okay Mrs. Maraj?" Kat asks.

"She isn't but that's not for you to worry about right now. Come inside so you can all eat" she says opening her front door. We all went inside and there was plates of sandwiches and some soda. "I'll be back" She says leaving out the house.

"Something is going on with our parents" I say.

"Nah, really" Nicki says being sarcastic. I shake my head.

"We'll find out later " Kat says.

When we finished eating we all went to watch Ed, Edd, and Eddie. It's been over two hours by then. We then hear our dad walk in and call out names loudly.

"Daddy" Kat yells kinda happy and goes to hug him. If you haven't noticed she is a true daddy's girl.

"Lets goo!" He yells. We then hear our mom come in yelling his name and yelling at us to get away from him. Nicki's mom following right behind.

"Leave! You are a cheater and a liar!" Our mom yelled.

"Daddy you cheated on mom?" Kat asked. I grabbed her hand and pulled her over by me and Nicki.

"See what you did!?" Our mom yelled crying. He just looked at us and everyone else.

"I'm not leaving" he said then walked out.

"I'm taking my kids home" our mom says making us leave the house. Going back me and Kat watched our dad picked his clothes up out the driveway and go inside. We just went to our secret place.

"I can't believe he cheated" Kat says almost in a whisper.

"I feel bad for mama" I say.

"Where would he have gone?" She asks.

"Kat don't you ever think about mom?" I ask frustrated.

"Yes but what about daddy?!" She yells.

"What about us ?! He cheated on mom means he cheated on us!" I yell. She just sits there quiet.

"Drake I don't wanna be split up" she says with tears forming in her eyes. I pull her into me and hold her.

"We're too close to be split up. No matter what happens we stay together" I say.

That night we sleep in the same room but I could hear our parents arguing. Kat seemed to be fine but I couldn't sleep. I get on my phone and text Nicki. After two minutes she texts me back. I get up slowly and crack my door open. I heard my parents more loud and clear arguing with each other. I go downstairs and out the door over to Nicki's house. I see her open the door and we go inside and into her living room then sit on the couch.

"So what's going on?" She asks.

"He's been cheating but I guess my mom caught him this time" I say.

"That's messed up" she says.

"Yeah but Kat thinks we will be split up" I say.

"I forget y'all are adopted sometimes, but that's impossible. Your mom wouldn't go for that" she says.

"Neither would I. I love Kat and we need each other" I say.

"Drake you just have to be a big boy and be to yourself. You'll both get through this."

"Yeah but I can't if they keep arguing" I say making her laugh.

"I can ask my mom if you guys can sleep over tomorrow" she says.

"Thanks" I say getting up.

"Until then just wear headphones or something" she says. I laugh.

"Thanks Nicki, for everything."

"Anytime" she says hugging me. I hug her back and kiss her on the cheek. She just looks at me and I leave. I wonder if we will ever go that extra mile.