Life goes on

School wasn't same for Nicki. Jayson wasn't talking to her and she was beginning to think there were some rumors spread between him and her. Drake on the other hand had his own problems between Jill and Alicia. He didn't know how to tell them to leave him alone. He wasn't looking for a relationship.

"Nicki no one is spreading rumors about you" Kat says.

"Yeah, if anything the rumors are about him and Cassidy" their friend Candice says. Nicki just trades out the books in her locker and shuts it back.

"I just feel like everyone is looking at me different. Jayson is varsity captain on the basketball team and girls are looking at me like I'm stupid for not taking up the offer to screw him" she whines.

"Well then they all dumb" Drake says walking up. "From what I hear Jayson is just a player, like I told you before Nic. The girls in his grade, being seniors, would definitely take the chance to be up under him" he says.

"I agree. You have standards and morals" Kat says.

"And most importantly you have goals" Candice says. Nicki just listens to them and smiles.

"Thanks guys. I feel better"

"You should, paranoid ass" Drake says walking away. They all laugh. Going into the library for lunch they used up their time to study for a test they had in Chemistry next period.

"Hey Nic" a guy named Aaron says walking past.

"Hey" she says back and looks back down into her notes.

"Aaron is cute" Candice slightly whispers.

"He has the biggest crush on Nicki" Kat says.

"No, your brother has the biggest crush on Nicki" Candice said closing her book.

"True. Nicki can have any guy she wants and she doesn't even want anyone" Kat says. Nicki just giggles.

"If I wanted to go after them I would. But y'all we're just sophomores in school. Why would I chase after these lil boys that think we are toys?"

"To have fun and play with them back" Candice says as Kat gives her a clap to the hand.

"Y'all playing" Nicki says as the bell rings. "Better hope y'all pass this test or the only thing you'll be playing with is Mr. Sid's chemistry tutorial" she says.

Drake was walking past them and gives them a head nod.

He was walking to his World History class. He did next to his friends Calvin and Asher.

"Yo, problem at 1 o'clock " Calvin warns.

"Drake can I talk to you for a minute?" Jill asks. Drake takes in a deep breathe and then gets up.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Drake I know you said you weren't looking for a relationship-"

"Girl are you seriously after this sophomore. Honey you're a junior. Go find someone your own grade level" Mrs. Kissic says making Jill leave as the bell rung. She rolls her eyes.

"I'll talk to you later" she says and leaves.

"Thanks" Drake says.

"Boy nobody helping you out. My class has started" she says making Drake laugh. She winks. "And Shae, I need you to get out to. I'm sure your teacher is looking for you" she says taking a seat at her desk.

"Nah Mrs. Kissic, Mr. Raj is taking time to finish his lunch" she says.

"Girl gone and kiss your boyfriend goodbye so I can start my class" she says slightly smiling. Shae laughs and kisses Calvin before leaving.

"Love you Mrs. Kissic" she sings leaving. She just shakes her head and goes to write a URL on the board.

"Y'all gone get enough of having y'all little girlfriends running in and out of my room. I didn't know I was teaching young love 101 this year" she says making the class laugh.

When that class was over it was three more periods left to go by and Drake couldn't wait to get out of school.

"Drake come with me real quick" he hears Kat say.

"Where?" He asks.

"To turn in this report to Mr. Terrs, if I don't turn this in today mom will not be happy with my report card" she says. Drake nods and goes to turn her paper in with her.

"I told you to do regular English this year" he says.

"I like the ten extra points we get and I don't have to take a semester exam if I'm in advance courses"

"If you're passing"

"I'll pass" she says. They go to their bus before it pulls off and sit with Nicki and Caiah.

"I thought y'all were staying for tutoring and didn't tell us" Caiah says.

"Nah, little miss late assignments had things to turn in" Drake says. Kat just gives him a look.

"Nicki what are you doing after school tomorrow?" Kat asks.

"I start my drivers ed" she answers.

"Dope" Drake says.

"Finally" Kat adds. "I gotta do practices with my dad this weekend.

"We have to do practices." Drake corrects. "You're working on parallel and I'm doing reverse" he says.

"My dad just signed me up for classes" Nicki says. "They won't have time" she adds.

"That's fine too" Kat says as they approach their stop. Getting off the bus they see their moms talking on the side walk.

"There they are" Mrs. Carol says.

"Hey mama" Nicki says.

"Hey babies. I need y'all to go change into the outfits I have laid out for you. Your dad has a business dinner we have to go to with him tonight" she says.

"Okay." They say in unison.

"Talk to you later Sally" Carol says.

"What's up mom?" Kat says.

"Nothing. I have to tell you both something" she says as they walk towards their house. Going inside they put their bags down.

"What is it?" Drake asks.

"I have a date on Saturday " she says.

"A date?" Kat questions.

"With who?" Drake asks raising an eyebrow.

"Someone you know. I'm just letting you know I will be out that night" she says.

"Wait someone we know?" Kat asks.

"Yes Kat" she says. "But I already said too much. Go get cleaned up so we can eat dinner" she says.

-short and boring 📝