Summer 16

It's the summer time and my mom decided to take me and Caiah to Trinidad for a family visit. I'm excited because I get to go and see my grandma and my aunties that spoil me. Being with our family members kept having old memories come back. They kept telling me how much I'm growing up and everything. My older brother Jelani really missed me. He's like ten years older than I am.

"Do you like New York?" He asked me.

"It's nice, but I still love Trini " I said with a big smile.

"You can come back at any time, just let mama know" he said.

"Okay" I said. I grabbed an ice cream sundae out the fridge and left outside to play with my cousins. Me and Caiah were staying in Trinidad without our parents for a few weeks because they had to work.

-----

For some odd reason my mom thought it was a good idea for me and Kat to be with our biological parents for the Summer. But only for two weeks. When we got back home I couldn't wait to see Kat. She ran up to me for a hug.

"That's so cute. I told you both that you'll miss each-other" mama said. "Drake how was your trip?" She asked me.

"It felt weird but it was good" I answered.

"What about you Kat?" She asked.

"I didn't enjoy it too much" she said. I looked at her as she looked at me.

"Why not?" Our mom asked.

"I missed you" she said. I felt like she was lying but she got up to hug my mom so I just let it go.

"I missed you both too. Daddy will be her later and we can all go out to eat" she said, "so why don't you both go unpack and get ready for later" she said. We both went upstairs and started unpacking. Kat walked into my room and sat on my bed.

"Drake I need to talk to you" she said.

"What about?" I asked.

"If I tell you this can you promise not to tell mom or daddy?" She asked. I went to close my door.

"What's up?" I asked taking a seat next to her.

"Someone....on the trip....I..."

"Kat just say it" I said. I seen tears form in her eyes.

"It was so wrong" she said. I grabbed her hand.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I was touched" she said.

"Bad?" I asked.

"Yes.." She said. She wiped off her face.

"Why didn't you tell?" I asked.

"Because it was my biological dad Drake" she said. "I don't know... I feel ...I feel stupid" she said about to really cry. I didn't know what to do and I hate seeing her cry.

"I won't tell" I said not knowing what else to say. She looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded looking at her. Me and Kat have always been close and we made a promise to always stay close. Plus I'm the big brother so it's always my job to protect my sister. She gave me a tight hug.

"Wait... He didn't go the extra mile right?" I asked.

"No, luckily my mother came home. I stayed as close to her as possible" she said. "He's probably the reason why she put me up for adoption" she said.

"Would of been a good reason. I'm glad you're okay, but if it happens again or gets worse when or if you see him again, you gotta tell Kat" I said.

"I know and I will" she said. She gave me a hug and a kiss on my cheek before going back to her room. I just sat on my bed a minute before I finished to unpack my bag.

That night our parents took us out to eat and when we came back me and Kat decided to have a movie night with our tents and sheets. We would fill them up with pillows and get full off snacks then get yelled at in the morning. It would always be funny to us.

--------

The trip to Trinidad was going to be fun for me and Caiah, but I missed my mama after a week. I couldn't wait til her and daddy came back to spend time with us and the rest of the family.