Addison Miller All Hot And Bothered

Addison

After spending the whole following day catching up on sleep and finally feeling rested enough to not want to punch someone in the throat just for breathing slightly too loud, I met Matt at the pizza shop as he was closing up.

"We're closed." He looked up from mopping the floor as the bell above the door chimed. "Oh. It's you," he said, resuming his task. "You look rough."

"Shut up." Sliding into a booth, I dropped my head into my hands and began massaging my temples. "You wouldn't happen to have two Advil on you by any chance?"

He came over to where I was sitting and dropped an empty pizza tray onto the table with a deafening clang. "Nope."

"Asshole," I muttered, squinting up at his figure looming over me with both hands on his hips.

Scooting into the vinyl booth across from me, he frowned. "Seems as though you and Vanessa had a wild time last night. Thanks for keeping an eye on her by the way. I see you did a fine job."

"Huh?" I asked, getting up and grabbing a bottle of water from the cooler. The chilled liquid temporarily eased the throbbing in my skull as I chugged it down. "I told you that I would keep her away from other guys and I did."

"Not what I'm referring to." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his phone and opened it up to an image of Vanessa posing sexily on the mattress. "I woke up to some, um interesting texts and voicemails."

I rolled my eyes as I capped the lid back on the bottle and pelted it at him. "Are you seriously complaining about receiving scandalous photos from your girlfriend? You're welcome for them by the way, you ingrate. It was my idea."

He pressed one palm against his cheek, widening his eyes and feigning shock. "No really? Who would have ever guessed that?"

"Hush," I replied, shaking my head. "There wasn't anything to keep an eye on anyways. You know how she gets when she's drunk. She can't keep away from you. She's like a moth to your flame."

Matt smirked and I followed him into the backroom as he began filling up the sink with soapy water. "I wasn't worried. I know I can trust her."

Leaning my hip against the counter, I watched as he ran some utensils under the streaming faucet. "You better. I don't know what it is about you that's got her all hot and bothered but the girl is OB-sessed. She can't leave you alone. If you weren't her boyfriend, I would almost call it borderline stalking."

Matt grinned, splashing me with some water. "She's really that into me, huh?"

"You jerk!" I shrieked, scooping up a tidal wave of soapy liquid in one giant, sweeping motion of my arm. I covered my mouth as the water soaked through his white t-shirt, showcasing his abs, and making him appear as though he had walked off the set of Magic Mike.

He leapt back from the sink, gasping and with a shocked expression on his face. My jaw dropped at the inadvertent mess I had made of him but that didn't stop the chortled laughter that managed to escape my lips.

"I hate you so much, Addison," he breathed as he stared down at his drenched chest. But the corners of his mouth had already begun to twitch right before he burst out into chuckles alongside me.

"I know," I answered, squealing as he enveloped me in a tight wet hug.

He pressed himself firmly against my body and rocked from side to side so that as much liquid as possible would transfer onto my clothing. And for just the briefest of moments, the sensation of his strong arms wrapped around me and the warmth from his skin radiating onto me, casted the faintest of glows inside my belly.