Addie And I Did A Thing Tonight

Addison

"It looks pretty sick, don't you think?"

Back at my house, I smirked at him as he stood in front of the mirror with his tongue hanging out while he admired his newest piercing.

Nodding, I swept my gaze over him. Shrouded in black skinny jeans, a faded tee, and a studded belt with a chain, he was not the type that usually raised my temperature and yet...sick was not the adjective I would have chosen to describe the piece of metal fastened to his tongue.

Sexy is more like it. Raising my gaze towards the ceiling, I sighed. Good Lord, what is this man doing to me?

The answer was obvious. Things that I didn't like. But still, I couldn't stop the inappropriate thoughts from bursting through my mind as though they were water breaking through a dam.

What would it be like to kiss him with that thing? Would I be able to feel it on other parts of my body? I shivered at the imagined sensations.

Stop it, Addison, I scolded myself. He's Vanessa's boyfriend. It doesn't matter how gorgeous he is, how much he makes you laugh, or how dangerous he is...

My sights wandered back onto him as he ran his fingers through his hair, tousling the strands back into place. Then sensing that he was being watched, he glanced over at me, a perplexed smirk on his face.

"What? Why are you staring?" He questioned. "I know that's never a good thing."

I shook my head, jumbling my thoughts so that they couldn't spell out in glaring red letters how very off-limits he was. "Nothing," I lied.

"You think my piercing is ridiculous, don't you?" He pressed, stepping away from his reflection and sinking into the sofa cushions.

I held up my palms. "I said no such thing but since you're asking, I would have personally voted on you getting your navel done instead," I teased.

He tossed his head back in laughter. "I somehow don't think that a frilly bundle of charms would match my Grim Reaper aesthetic."

I let my sights travel over him once more. I couldn't argue with him there. But then again, I never would have imagined that he would have meshed with my vibe either. Tattoos, piercings, and leather used to be enough to leave me tsking and shaking my head before returning my lustful stares back to the men jogging up and down the basketball court in tight little shorts.

But somehow, it had slowly morphed into being the only thing that revved my libido.

And it had to stop.

Matt glanced at me as he slipped his phone from his pocket and video called his girlfriend. "Do you think Vanessa is going to have the same sentiments?"

I shrugged. "Only one way to find out."

He nodded while waiting for her to pick up. After several rings, she finally answered. "Hey, Matt," she greeted, her affect flat. "What's going on?"

He beamed at her. "Addie and I did a thing tonight."

She pressed her lips into a firm line, the vein in her forehead suddenly popping out.

"Not that," I quickly corrected, raising my shirt just enough so that she could catch a glimpse of my navel. "I pierced my bell button!" I exclaimed, flicking the dangle of stars attached to the ring.

Matt laughed. "Yea, and she only slightly fractured my hand in the process. I'm just glad that I didn't let her squeeze my dominant one."

Vanessa smiled tightly as she arched a brow. "You held her hand?"