She's A Real Bad Girl And She Makes The Men Sweat

Addison

"Oooh, she's a really bad girl and she makes the men sweat. Oooh, he's a real naughty boy and he makes me so wet," I crooned along to the radio as I drove to Matt's house.

The breeze from the open window filtered through my hair and I inhaled the woodsy scent of autumn. But despite my upbeat mood, I was a tad worried.

I hadn't heard from Matt in several days and any attempts I had made to outreach him were unsuccessful and forwarded straight to his voicemail. I had remembered him sharing that his mother passed away in early winter so knew that his sudden withdrawal from me couldn't have been due to an impending anniversary date.

My last choice to get in touch with him was to just show up at his house, so arrive unannounced I did.

"Oooh, she's a hottie with a body, a thot with a lot..." I hummed, pulling into his driveway. Turning off the ignition, I squinted my eyes at the windows. The curtains were drawn but his vehicle stationed in its usual parking space certainly indicated that he was home.

Hmm...what are you up to, Mattie boy?

Approaching the door, I tried the knob, but it was locked. This is curious. He hardly ever locks the door despite me warning him that one day someone is just going to waltz into his home and hack his limbs into tiny pieces. Maybe, he's finally listening to me.

I pounded on the door while simultaneously jabbing at the bell. "Matt! It's Addison!" I called. "Let me in. I know you're home! It's an emergency!" I decided to add for good measure.

Matt flung open the door, a scowl on his face. "What?!" He asked, annoyance in his voice as he raked his gaze over me. "If it's that important then call the police."

I peered over his shoulder to see if I could catch a glimpse of someone else inside with him. "Who's in there with you?" I questioned, seeing a denim jacket draped over the back of the couch.

I attempted to nudge past him, but he blocked my path. "No one," he replied firmly.

"You're lying!" I replied, gesturing at the item of clothing. "I see a coat." I balled up my fist and clenched my teeth. "Matt, I swear to God if you're cheating on Vanessa, I will castrate you and feed it to-"

"It's my dad's jacket," he blurted out. "He's still stuck in the eighties."

"Alright, so if nobody's there then let me in. I have a bone to pick with you about ignoring me for the past several days." I wagged my finger at him. "You're lucky I wasn't stuck in a ditch somewhere desperately trying to get a hold of you or else I would be holding you personally responsible."

He pressed his palm to the doorframe, refusing to step aside so that I could enter. "Actually, Addie, you're terrible driving skills would be the one to blame for that one and you can't come inside."

I gave him a bewildered look. "And why the hell not?" I barreled past him anyways, barging my way into his house.

"Matt, if you're doing something shady, I'm going to find out about it, you know." I scanned the living room and checked beneath the blankets but didn't immediately spot anything amiss.

"Oh, I know," he responded, folding the throw blankets that I had strewn about. "You and your hundreds of questions will be certain to get to the bottom of whatever mystery you think there is."

I plopped down onto the sofa and tapped my chin. "Are you wrapping my birthday present?" My birthday was still another month off but since Matt had forgotten about it the previous year, it made sense for him to make every effort to be on top of it that time around.