Nothing More Than A Blow-Up Sex Doll

Addison

"Thief!" Matt exclaimed, grinning at Vanessa from behind the checkout counter at the pizza restaurant as he wiped down the Formica. "First you stole my seat, then you ran off with my heart, and now, you've taken ownership of my hoodie. If you keep hoarding my clothing, I'm not going to have anything left to wear."

"I'm alright with you being naked," she replied, leaning over the counter to give him a kiss.

"Ew," I chimed in, taking a seat at a vinyl booth and drumming my glittery gold nails on the red and white checkered tablecloth. "I prefer not to lose my dinner before I've even gotten a chance to consume it."

Vanessa and I had spent the day together shopping and bonding over manicures before deciding to stop in for a late dinner at Matt's work. I had been thrilled to spend some quality time with my best friend so the suggestion that we go to her boyfriend's work to eat had me rolling my eyes. Can't she spare two seconds away from him? It's not as though she will drop dead from separation.

I studied the couple nuzzling noses and cooing at each other. Well, they're certainly behaving as though they are each other's life support.

When Vanessa had finally ripped herself away from Matt long enough to take a seat opposite me, he immediately lingered by a nearby table, leisurely wiping down the surface and scrubbing at invisible specks of food. "Is that my new sweatshirt?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at his girlfriend.

Scoffing, I opened the menu and scanned the list of salads. "Oh, please," I mumbled. "Don't you already have a million other hooded black cloaks lying around that are identical to that one? I think you can spare it, Reaper."

Vanessa pouted at him. "But this is the only one that's perfectly soft and fits me just right."

Crossing his arms, Matt planted his feet firmly apart as he gave her a stern expression. "Did I mention I just bought it? It would be nice if I actually got the chance to wear it."

She lowered her gaze, busying herself with the contents of the menu. "Come on, honey. Everyone knows that boyfriends have the best hoodies and besides, I'll return it." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she muttered, "Eventually" beneath her breath.

Sitting back against the cushion of the booth, she tugged the hem of the garment over her head, causing Matt's jaw to drop open. "Unbelievable!" he exclaimed, gesturing at the oversized faded tee she had on. "Are you wearing my underwear too?"

A slow grin passed over his features as he tapped his chin. "On second thought, that might actually be kind of hot."

Shuddering, I shook my rolled-up utensils at him. "That's disgusting. You couldn't pay me to wear your crusty boxers."

Matt stuck his tongue out at me, grabbing my silverware from my fist. "I wouldn't want you in my clothing anyways. You would stain them with your fluorescent clown makeup and glitter herpes."

"You should be so lucky to have the Prom Queen serve as a walking billboard for your love life."

Just then, a petite redhead bounded over to the table, causing all of us to swivel our heads in her direction. She cleared her throat. "Hi. Sorry to interrupt but I'm Aimee and I'll be your waitress," she chirped in an overly perky tone. "Have you decided on what to order?"

She eagerly poised her pen over her notepad as she glanced between me and Vanessa. From the corner of my eye, I watched a grimace pass over Matt's face before he quietly slinked away.

My gaze travelled over the menu, and I pointed to a picture of a leafy cobb salad. "I think I'll have-"

I whipped my head up as Aimee let out a loud gasp. "Oh my gosh!" She squealed, interrupting me. "Addison Miller, is that you?"

I furrowed my brows as my brain hastily rummaged through name files, trying to place her. "Uh, yea, it's me. How have you been?" I asked weakly.

"Fantastic!" She turned her back on Vanessa and leaned her hip against the table. "How cool is this? It's a mini high school reunion." She then craned her neck in the direction of the back room. "Do you remember Matt Jones? He works here too."

Do I remember Matt Jones? What drug is this chick on? Didn't she just see us chatting with him?

She fanned her face, a sinister grin spreading over her lips. "I tell you, if you thought he was cute in high school you should check out how hot he is now."

Alarm bells instantly went off inside my head as the puzzle pieces snapped into place. Suddenly, I knew exactly who she was. She was that Aimee. The very one that Matt had fooled around with before him and Vanessa got together and the same one that knew just what she was doing by declaring her interest in him in front of his girlfriend.

Aimee leaned in towards me, lowering her voice to a conspiring tone. "Between you and me, the next time I get presented with the opportunity to be alone with him, you better believe I'm going for it. Which shouldn't be too hard seeing as how we work a lot of late nights together and I've already caught him checking me out on more than one occasion."

Vanessa's face turned several shades of crimson before she loudly cleared her throat. "Excuse me!" she spoke up sharply. "That's my boyfriend you're referring to there and I seriously doubt he's been staring at you with anything other than bewilderment, wondering why you won't back off. He's perfectly happy with the one he's with."

Aimee just shrugged. "We'll see about that."

Arching a brow, I swiveled around in the booth and made a show of scanning the restaurant. "Hmm, I wonder what the manager would have to say about you gossiping with customers about your attempts at nailing the bus boy instead of bringing us our food."

The redhead immediately flushed to a hue matching her hair color as she stuttered her way through an apology. "Uh...of course. I apologize. I'll put your orders in right away." She scurried away from our table, disappearing into the back room.

Vanessa shook her head in disbelief, staring at me with her mouth agape. "What a bitch," she muttered. "She just cost herself a tip."

I scoffed. "As if she even has a chance with him. Why settle for a cheap imitation of a knockout girlfriend when he could have the real thing?" I gave my best friend a wink but her weak smile in response didn't indicate that she felt as confident.

A shadow clouded her cocoa brown eyes, her gaze shifting towards where Aimee was leaning over the counter seductively, her cleavage on full display. Her obnoxiously loud laughter could be heard as she twirled a fiery lock around her finger, hanging on Matt's every word while he stacked red plastic cups beneath the counter that housed the soda dispenser.

Vanessa chewed on her lip, watching them interact. As Matt sauntered by Aimee, she grabbed hold of his bicep and whispered something into his ear. His face broke out into a wide grin, causing his dimple to appear. He didn't smile like that for just anybody.

Vanessa gritted her teeth before folding her arms across her chest and kicking at the table stand. "Well, isn't this just wonderful?" she retorted sarcastically. "How can I compete with a drop-dead gorgeous female who's apparently funny as well and working in close quarters with my boyfriend while I'm in a whole other state? Throw in their added history together and you can't tell me that I have nothing to worry about."

Sneering, I watched as Aimee sashayed around the restaurant in her tight black jeans and batted her naturally full lashes. "V, relax. She's nothing more than a blow-up sex doll. Trust me, her novelty will wear off real fast." I pointed at my best friend. "Besides, you're the one he loves, remember? If anybody should be questioning how they could possibly rival the other, it's her."

Dropping her head into her hands, Vanessa exhaled. "Then why can't I shake this feeling that he's going to cheat?"