Chapter 5

I was on the phone with Isabelle.
"They were acting really weird", I said.
"What do you mean they were acting weird?"
"I had bumped into this guy, and apparently they knew him and started talking about me", I replied.
"Oh."
"Yeah, and they mentioned this woman named Madama."
"Madama?"
"Yeah", I replied.
"What kind of name is that?"
"I don't know, but these guys aren't normal guys", I said.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, they were talking as if meeting this Madama lady was an important task or something."
"That's weird", Isabelle replied.
"Yeah, it is."
"What are you going to do about it?"
"I'm going to do a little research", I replied.
"Ok, but if this lady doesn't exist then what?"
"Then, I'll have to do a little investigating on those guys."
"Zara I don't think you should get involved", she said.
"Why not?"
"Because, you're dealing with teenage boys that are talking nonsense about this woman that may or may not even exist."
"Isabelle, trust me on this one", I replied.
"I don't know."
"I'll have proof, I promise."
"Okay", she replied.
I told her goodbye and hung up the phone. I quickly turned on my computer and searched up her name.

Madama:
A lady without a name as a form of respect.

My eyes grew big. So, Madama is just a nickname. The internet showed pictures of a woman in a white dress and red hair. It said that this particular person doesn't have a name due to protecting her rights as a woman.
I began searching up people she could be related to. It said that her people were of the an old ancient Native Tribe. And it said that her enemies were those of the Beast. I closed my laptop and thought back to earlier in class. Those guys said that she didn't want to help them, and that she's not just in it for her. Could it be that they were beasts?
This question surfed through my mind and it actually sounded kinda crazy. You wouldn't see a beast on this day of time. They were only used in fantasy stories. I began to get scared. Because, if my theories were right, the world could be in danger. As I was thinking about this I got a phone call. It was Luke.
"Hello?"
"Hey Zara."
"Hey Luke", I replied.
"How are you?"
I sighed.
"I'm good."
"Are you sure?", he asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"You just seem a little upset."
"No, I'm fine. It's not like you haven't called or texted me in the last couple of days", I replied.
"Yeah about that, I meant to call, but I got so busy with my class and it just kinda slipped my mind."
"Yeah."
"I'm really sorry Zara", he said.
"It's cool."
"No, I should've called."
"Luke, it's fine."
I could hear him breathing heavy on the other line.
"But listen, I've been thinking."
"About what?", I asked.
"About us."
"Us?"
"Yeah", he replied.
"Oh?"
"Yeah, and I just think that it'd be better if we took a little break?"
"What?"
"You know, take a break from communication for a while. I've been feeling kinda down lately and just figured I should take some time away", he replied.
"Are you serious", I replied tearing up.
"Yeah."
"First you leave for class, then you cut me off?", I asked.
"Zara, I-"
"No, it was supposed to be me and you Luke. From day one, we were supposed to always be there for each other", I said.
"I know, and I can't explain how bad I feel."
"Me either."
"Zara, you know I love you."
"I know", I replied.
"Which is why this isn't easy for me."
"So, instead of toughing it out, you want to call it quits?", I asked.
"I'm not calling it quits."
"Then what are you doing?"
"I don't know."
I wiped my tears.
"If I knew you were going just going to hurt me, then I would've stopped talking to you a long time ago", I replied.
"Don't say that."
"What else do you want me to say?"
"I want you to say that this isn't the end Zara", Luke replied.
"But, it basically is."
He sighed.
"I just need some time ok?"
"Yeah, ok", I replied.
"So?"
"So what?"
"Are we going to make this break official?", he asked.
"I guess so."
"Alright then."
"Goodbye Luke", I said.
"Goodbye Zara."
He hung up the phone. I laid back on my bed. I was undoubtedly heartbroken. The guy I thought I was my friend just called it quits on us. And after everything I did for him. I even lied to Isabelle, who was my best friend, just to keep talking to him. The fact that he did this truly hurt. But, now I know that betrayal hurts most when it's the one you trust.