Chapter 4

As I got out of my dad's truck, the fear instantly hit me.
"You got this honey", my dad said.
I looked back at him and nodded.
"Thanks Dad."
"You're welcome."
I watched him as he drove off. I was now on my own. The road was full of students, and I could barely get to where I had to go. I held my head down and didn't look up unless I had to. I figured if I didn't talk to anyone, I wouldn't have any trouble. I walked through the double doors and the inside stopped me in my tracks. It was so bright and neat and despite all the students walking back and forth, it's appearance held strong.
"Wow", I said.
I continued walking to my class and refused to make eye contact with anyone. No one knew me and I didn't know them. As I got closer to my first class, I tucked my schedule in my pocket.
"Hey", I said.
A tall, dark-haired woman turned around and looked at me.
"Yes?"
"My name's Zara Pullman."
"Oh yes yes, come on in", she replied.
She motioned for me to follow her. When I entered the class it was full of students. I honestly didn't expect it to be that packed when school just started.
"Here you go, seat 15."
I thanked her and sat down. Even though it I couldn't see them, I knew people were staring at me. I could feel their stares sinking in my soul. It was such an awful feeling.
"Ok class, today we're reviewing your homework from last night", the teacher said.
The class pulled out their textbooks.
"What if we didn't do it", a guy from the back of the classroom asked.
She narrowed her eyes.
"Hudson, I didn't really expect you to do it."
"Wait, really?"
"Yes."
He laughed and gave his friend a high five.
"Anyways, you were supposed to only complete questions one through ten", she continued.
I looked around and grabbed a pen and piece of paper out of my book bag. I figured I could just get the textbook later.
"Zara, you can see me after class about the material you need for this class."
"Okay."
"And my names Mrs. Stanley by the way", she replied with a smile.
I gave her and thumbs up and put my head down. The whole class started staring at me.
"I will put the answers on the board and you will need to complete the rest tonight."
As she was writing the answers, I pulled my phone out. This class was only an hour long and it already feels like I've been here for hours. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. If I could get through today, then the rest of the school year will be okay. Mrs. Stanley took a few minutes to discuss the questions and told us a little bit our history.
"It actually turns out that out history can teach us a lot more than we think", she continued.
I felt myself getting sleeping. I laid my head down and closed my eyes. Although I was at a new school, I was still having trouble staying awake during the day, and the only person who could help me with that was Isabelle and she wasn't here.
The bell rang and everyone packed up their things.
"Don't forget to do the rest of the worksheet!", Mrs. Stanley yelled as everyone began leaving the classroom.
I got my things and went up to her desk.
"Hi."
"Hi, you did very well today. Your textbooks will be available in the library. They close at four o' clock so I recommended going during your free time today", she replied.
"Ok, thanks."
She nodded and walked me to the door.
"Have a great day Zara."
I smiled and walked out into the hallway. There were people everywhere. In every corner, I could see people opening their lockers, going up the stairs, and just talking amongst themselves.
"Just four more classes to go", I said to myself.
As I was walking, I noticed some girls whispering among each other. I quickly stopped to look and ended up bumping into a student.
"I'm so sorry", I said.
"It's okay", the guy replied.
He was really cute. He had black hair, and dark hazel eyes. He stood at what seemed like 6"2 and his muscles were bulging out of his shirt.
"No, it was my fault, I'm always so nosy and never pay attention to where I'm going."
He laughed.
"No really, it's ok", he replied.
I felt myself blushing a little bit.
"Well, I gotta go."
"Yeah, sure."
He moved aside and I quickly walked to my next class. Gosh he was gorgeous, but I couldn't allow myself to get caught up. I mean, it was first day here and I didn't want to be tomorrow's news. When I got to my next class, I quickly took my seat and pulled my phone out. I literally had like five hours left.
"Please let this day go by faster", I said to myself.
As I was trying to calm myself down, a noticed a group of guys walking into the classroom. They kept staring at me and talked among each other.
"Yeah dude, that's her", one guy said behind me.
"Really?"
"Yeah, that's the girl that bumped into Roman a couple minutes ago", he replied.
At that moment I knew they were talking about me.
"She seems normal", another guy said.
"Yeah."
I didn't dare to say anything, because I knew they would just ignore me. I blocked them out and pulled out my diary. Right now would be a good time to document this.
"But, rather we find Madama or not, we still have to face the fact that she's not going to help us", another guy said.
"She's not just in it for her", the first guy replied.
"Then why won't she come to us. Why do we have to go to her?"
He sighed.
"We'll talk about this later."
They began unpacking their things. But little did they know, that I was writing down everything they were talking about.
Why was me bumping into Roman such a big deal. And who is Madama? These questions were sweeping through my head. And sooner or later, I was going to need answers. Despite the fact that it had nothing to do with me, the fact that they brought up my name makes it my business regardless.

I began to start a mission. I wanted to know more about this Madama lady and why she would be associated with those guys. They don't seem like the type to come to a friendly agreement. Based off of what they said about me, they seem like the exact opposite.