Chapter 23

I woke up. It was daytime and the sun was shining brightly.
"What time is it?", I asked.
"It's three o' clock", Roman replied.
"Really?"
"Yeah, you've been asleep all day."
I sighed.
"Oh my god."
He came up to me caressed my face.
"Don't worry, you didn't miss anything", he replied.
"I didn't?"
"No, our allies will be here later."
"Ok, that's good", I said.
He helped me out of bed.
"So?"
"So what?"
"Did you decide if you're coming back with me to my world?", he asked.
I looked down.
"No, not yet."
"That's fine."
"I'm sorry", I said.
"Don't be, it's clear you need more time to think about it."
He went downstairs.
I felt bad because I really wanted to go with him. But, that means I would also have to leave my family and friends here.
I sighed and got out of bed.

During this time, I thought about the battle. Only three more hours and we would be risking our lives to the fullest extent. As I wash my face, I take a good look at myself in the mirror. I wasn't the prettiest girl, but I wasn't ugly either. I was simply an average teenager that got caught up in one of the most craziest adventures ever.

As time went by, many of our allies have already shown up.
"Ok, here's the plan. Lora, you and your sisters will lead the leopards to the field before we arrive. We want to give them a preview of who they're about to face. Next, I want Bret and his people to create a barrier to make sure no one escapes. Once the battle starts, then it's on. Then, I want everyone else to stand by until Milan gives the word", Ryan said.
They nodded and began moving east.
Zach pointed toward the trees.
"Who's that?"
A loud horn filled the air and about thirty men marched down the hill.
"We are here!", a bald headed man yelled.
Ryan and Roman looked at each other.
"Samuel's helping us?", Ryan asked.
"Yeah."
They walked toward us and Samuel ordered them to halt.
"We come for battle."
Roman stepped forward and held out his hand.
"Welcome, Samuel."
He shook his hand and smiled.
"It is of great honor to fight beside you and your comrades", he replied.
"The honor is all ours."
He looked back at his men.
"You will fight with dignity and have no mercy upon your enemies."
They nodded and bowed down.
Samuel looked at the sky.
"We will fight soon", he said.
Roman nodded and they headed north.
"That's everyone", Ryan said.
"What about Caesar?, I asked.
"He'll be on the battle field."
James scanned the area and looked back at us.
"We should be moving."
Roman nodded.
"Ok, this is it. We have everything we need. We just have to go out there and fight. We have to give everything we got because we have been waiting for this moment our entire lives", he said.
They growled and they transformed into beasts.
"For us!", Tucker yelled.
"For us!"
We ran across the field. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body. My heart was racing and I felt free.
"This feels amazing!", I said.
Roman picked me up and carried me through the forest.
"Only when we're together Zara, do I feel at peace."
As we arrived at the battle field, our allies gathered around into one big group.
"This is it!", Caesar yelled.
"Yea, this is the moment we've been waiting for!", Lora added.
We joined them and a small circle began to grow in the middle of the field.
"It's the portal", Roman said.
"Yeah."
He looked at me and grabbed my hand.
"Our world is on the other side."
Before I could respond the sun began to set and the sound of drums screeched through the field. They were loud and aggressive.
"It's Madama!", Caesar said.
A blue woman with black hair walked across the field. Behind her was an army of Native men. They carried bows and arrows by their sides.
"We have come!", she yelled.
The Native Tribe followed behind her until she ordered them to stop.
"And now we will take over this world!"
She stood in the middle of the field and stared right as us. Her skin glowed and she rose up in mid air.
"You stand in my way, therefore you all shall be killed!"
I could feel my legs getting weak. I was more nervous than ever. Madama was more powerful than I expected.
Roman grabbed my hand.
"Be brave Zara."
Madama looked down and landed back on the ground. She walked towards us and sniffed the air.
"I sense a human", she said.
I took a deep breath as tears began to form in my eyes.
She quickly looked at me.
"It's you."
I stepped back.
"No", I replied.
She hissed.
"Come forward human!"
I walked towards her and looked her in the eyes.
"Please don't do this", I said.
She laughed.
"I do what I please."
I looked down.
"How could someone be so ruthless and ugly", I cried.
Her faced turned into anger and she grabbed my neck and threw me to the ground.
"Ahhh!"
Caesar blew the horn and the battle begun. Both armies rushed to the middle of the field. The Native Tribe began shooting their arrows. Lora and her sisters transformed and took the first group of them down
"Ryan cover me!", Zach said.
He jumped up and created a big impact on the ground.
Tucker used his speed and circled around them, while James broke them into pieces.
"Kill them all!", Caesar yelled bulldozing through the natives.
His people followed him and used their weapons to break their arrows.
"My sisters, use your claws and chop down the trees! They must not get away!", Lora said.
They cut the trees and use their branches to kill the running natives.
Bret forged ice with his hands and launched them.
"Carlos, use your heat and burn them down!", he said.
As man of the natives fell, I could barely get to my feet. I was in so my pain and my vision was blurry.
"Roman!", I yelled.
I felt someone grab my hair.
"You will die!"
"No, let me go!", I yelled.
I kicked him and used his arrow to stab him in the stomach. He fell down instantly and I ran to find Roman.
There was so much Chaos on the field. Everywhere you looked, you could see lifeless bodies lying around.
"Roman!", I yelled.
Madama rose and created a surge of wind. I fell down and rolled down the hill.
"You dare threaten me human!", Madama said.
She picked me up and threw me against the trees.
I cried for help. I felt like air was being sucked out of my body and I couldn't move.
Just then someone picked me up and laid me down near the trees. I slowly opened my eyes and was shocked. It was Roman.
I smiled.
"You're here."
"Of course I'm here", he replied.
"I thought you were dead."
"Well, it takes a lot more than arrows to keep me down."
I touched his chest.
"I'll.....I'll..."
Before I could finish my sentence Madama screamed in anger.
"I'm sick of this!"
She began throwing boulders of rocks at us. Roman stepped in and crushed them with his claws.
"Your time is up Madama", he said.
"I am the greatest of all time. What makes you think you can defeat me?!"
He growled.
"This is not your world!"
Madama rushed up to him and they fought. It was the most brutal fight I've ever seen. Two powerful people tearing each other apart.
"You stupid creature!", she yelled.
She pushed Roman into the boulders. He grunted in pain.
"Now, I will end you and restore what is rightfully mine!"
She walked up to him and grabbed his throat.
"Today I kill you!"
I coughed and slowly got up. I couldn't allow her to kill Roman. No matter how hurt I was, I promised to be there for him.
"Leave him alone!", I yelled.
She turned around and I took her down. We rolled around in the grass and I got on top of her.
"I won't let you kill him!"
I punched her in the face and began choking her.
She managed to push me off of her and kicked me in the arm.
"Ah!"
She then grabbed my hair and tried to lock me in a choke hold.
"No!"
Roman scratched her in the back with his claws. She let me go and screamed in pain.
"My back!"
He dragged her in the lake and from there it was war. They fought brutally and tore each other apart.
"Roman!"
A group of masked men with bow and arrows came and grabbed me from behind.
"No let me go!", I yelled.
"Kill her now!", one of them said
Immediately I recognized their voice. It was the bowman we had seen in the forest the other day. They pulled my hair and dragged me to the ground.
"Ahhh!"
The bowman pulled out a knife and held it down my throat.
"Told you you'd see me again", he said.
I cried helplessly not able to move.
He looked up and pointed to Roman and Madama.
"Kill the beast. I will walk out of here with my reward."
They charged towards Roman.
"No!"
I kicked the man and he grunted in pain. I got up and ran as fast as I could.
"Roman....Roman!"
Madama turned and looked at me as she forged lighting from her hands.
"Back off!"
I fell to the ground weak and tired. All I could see was the bowman surrounding Roman.
"No..."
Before my head touched the ground, I felt a breeze slide past me.
"Stop them!"
It was Caesar and his people. They attacked the bowman while Lora and her sisters targeted Madama.
"Oh my god!"
I could feel my breathing slowing down. I didn't have the energy to go and help. I was useless. As I lay there I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Ryan with a worried look on his face.
"It's ok, I got you", he said helping me up.
"What...what about Roman?"
"He'll be fine."
Zach, James, and Tucker appeared behind us.
I smiled.
"Guys."
They nodded at us.
"The whole field is clear. No Native in sight", Tucker said.
"Good."
"But what about Roman?", I asked.
James pointed behind me.
It was Roman with Madama's remains.
"Roman!"
I ran up and hugged him.
"Hey Zara."
"You're ok", I replied.
"Yeah."
He pulled me close and kissed me.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
Ryan came up to us.
"Looks like we won."
"Yeah, we did", Roman replied.
Zach, James, and Tucker put their fists up.
"All together?"
We looked at each other and joined them.
"Beasts forever!"