Chapter 22

"Considering the battle will take place tomorrow at sunset, we've already gathered some important facts regarding Madama and her tribe", Dominic said.
"That's good", Roman replied.
"But some facts are strictly forbidden."
Roman looked at the book.
"I assume for privacy reasons?", he asked.
"Yes."
"Well, whatever you can give us will help."
"Great, then we shall talk about the history", Dominic replied.
He opened up the book and showed up some pictures.
"What are those?", I asked.
"These are photos from the Native Tribe and Fern. They were taken about a thousand years ago back when the natives were free."
"Oh."
"Yeah, and about two hundred years later, Lord Xavier came and took over forcing them under his control", he replied.
"The Lord Xavier that brought back Madama", Ryan added.
"That is correct."
"So, Madama was already evil?", I asked.
"Yes, she tried to take over the world but the Native Tribe wouldn't let her. After many battles, they were finally able to lock her away."
I looked at Roman.
"If Madama has the Native Tribe working with her, then at some point she must have gained back control. Otherwise, why else would they pledge their loyalty to her", I said.
Dominic nodded.
"You are correct. After the death of Lord Xavier, Madama regained power and took over the land of Fern."
"And during the last battle Fern became two worlds: The Ancient World and The Native World", Roman added.
I shook my head.
"That makes sense, but why would she decide to revisit The Ancient World if her people live in the Native World?", I asked.
"Simply because over time, the world has evolved. Many new creatures and animals have come to life. And unlike Lord Xavier, Madama feeds on new souls. She plans to take over this world and make everyone her slaves."
"Which is why we have to stop her", Ryan said.
Dominic pulled out another book.
"This is the Book of Revelation. It describes the cause of every living thing we know of today. If Madama wants power, then it is clear that she would have to study our creatures and document everything they do", he said.
"What about the Reserves?", I asked.
"She will kill them along with every other human."
I could feel my heart racing.
"That's not right. What about our family and friends? I mean, she may not know it, but we have a life here too. Everyday, there is a soul taken because people just don't care. People stroll around like it's okay to brutally murder someone and spit on their grave. They think just because it's not them that it can't be them. The world is already shattered. What use is it to take away what we have left? You still wouldn't have the satisfaction you want, because the world is not whole. It will never be whole", I said.
Roman grabbed my hand.
"It's ok, we're going to make sure she doesn't get away with her plans."
I nodded.
"Okay."
We thanked Dominic and headed out the building. James was pacing back and forth.
"It just doesn't make sense", he said.
"What is it?", Ryan asked.
"If the battle is tomorrow at sunset, why would the portal open ahead of time?"
Ryan looked around.
"Maybe its bringing back someone from the past."
"That's a possibility."
"Or it could be a sign", Tucker said.
"A sign?"
"Yeah, if something happens ahead of time, it's normally a sign that something big is about to happen he replied.
Roman grabbed my hand.
"Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure", I replied.
We walked over to the trees.
"What's up?"
"It's about the portal", he said.
"What about it?"
"After the battle, the portal will still be open for anyone to exit or enter this world."
"Oh."
"Yeah, and me and the others have decided to go back to our world", he replied.
My eyes grew big.
"What?"
"We're going back home Zara."
"Why? I mean, what about us?", I asked.
"We can still be together."
"How?"
"If you come with us", Roman replied.
I looked down.
"Roman...I....I don't know what to say."
"Don't say anything, just think about it."
"But, the battle's tomorrow", I said.
"I know."
He kissed me on the head.
"If we win, nothing would make me happier than to have you by my side for the rest of my life."
I cried.
"Roman please."
He pulled me closer and we locked in a passionate kiss. I was so hurt by the fact that I had to make yet another big decision.
Ryan came up to us.
"We need to make sure we get plenty of sleep tonight. Tomorrow's a big day."
We nodded and followed them to the hut.
"Will you sleep with me tonight?", Roman asked.
I smiled.
"Of course."

Later that night, I fell asleep with Roman. It was best sleep I've had in a long time. I remained close to him as he held me. I felt like a queen. I knew there was no one I would rather spend the rest of my life with. I slept knowing that we would win the battle. And then me and Roman would finally live happily ever after.