Chapter 11

"I don't know Zara, I just don't feel like you're telling me everything", Isabelle said.
"You're right, I'm not. But, it's only because I don't want you to worry about me."
"I'm you're best friend, I'm supposed to worry", she replied.
I sighed.
"Life hasn't been easy the last couple of weeks, but I've been making it."
"And that's great, I just don't know why you won't tell my the full truth", she said.
"Because I can't Isabelle."
"Wow."
"I'm really sorry", I replied.
"No, it's fine, I get it."
She sighed heavily and ended the phone call. I hated to leave her out of the biggest part of my life, but Roman made it clear that I couldn't tell anyone about what was going on. Not even my closest friends. I haven't even told my Dad. He doesn't like Roman, and I doubt he will anytime soon, so it's just best to keep my mouth shut. I'm involved in something much bigger than my personal problems. My life was at stake, and ever since I made myself known, there have been even more targets down my back. I had Roman, and his friends, but of course we would need more people if we wanted to stand a chance against Madama and her people. Two different breeds mixed into one. This woman didn't even have a name. It was unspoken for her own right. What right does she have if she is going to try and rule the world along side her Native Tribe. It makes no sense. Which brings me to what Sarah said. She seemed to had gotten under the skin of Roman. She mentioned his father not being proud of him and that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Could it be that Roman was hiding something from me? I do question how me and Roman became so close over the past few weeks. I remember Ryan not liking me in the beginning, but now he's starting to warm up to me. In this moment of time, I feel like I'm the center of all of this. And as scary as it sounds, it was most likely true.
I went downstairs to go and check up on my Dad. He was asleep on the couch. Beside him was a stack of newspapers. I went up to him and grabbed the newspapers. They were about basic topics. But, there was one that stood out to me: "The Native Tribe Soon To Attack."
My eyes grew big. So, this was all part of Madama's plan. She wanted to get the world shook up before she made her move. And honestly, I have to give her credit because that is pretty smart. She knew she needed to weaken her opponent before taking precautions.
I rolled up the newspaper and put it in my bag. I quietly grabbed my dads keys and went outside.
"Ok Madama, we're gonna do it your way."
I started the car up and drove to the News Station.
It was getting dark so I knew I had to hurry up. The ride was really quiet but inside my mind there was so much going on. I pulled into the driveway and got out.
"Excuse me?", I asked a woman exiting the building.
"Yes?"
"I need to get a newspaper on the news."
"Pardon me?"
"I need to get a very important newspaper on live", I said.
"Umm, what's your name?"
"Zara Pullman", I replied.
"Oh ok, we'll we don't just do walk ins. They are a series of interviews you have to go through and then we must decide if your story is valid."
"What do you mean if it's valid?", I asked.
"I mean, of course the people want a real, reliable story."
"This is reliable."
She sighed.
"Let me see."
I gave her the newspaper. She examined it and read the heading.
"Ok, so this lady named Madama claims her Native Tribe is going to attack the world, big deal", she replied.
"But, this topic has been in articles and magazines all over the world."
"I understand, but if you do not have reliable proof we cannot showcase this on the news", she replied.
"Shouldn't the warnings and signs be enough proof?"
"Look kid, I am a very independent woman. I do my research based on facts, not theories. I experiment every aspect of the topic to make sure I'm correct. I make big bucks here, because I take my job very seriously. And I refuse to waste my time talking about some tribe who doesn't even exist."
She handed me the newspaper back and walked away. I could not believe her. My only other option was to get my Dad to set up flyers around his job, but I wouldn't want him to get fired over this. I just hope I could get a lead soon.

That night was very rough me. I couldn't get any leads on Madama, and me and my best friend had our first "fight". It was honestly sad that I had to lie to her about certain things. But, I also knew that I was protecting her as well. I didn't want her to get hurt by getting involved in all of this.