Chapter 19

Roman caressed my face.
"I'm really glad you came."
"Me too", I said.
"You know, I couldn't help but think about what you said last time we talked."
"Yeah, I was a little upset."
"I know, but I never meant to hurt you", he replied.
I touched his chest.
"I believe you."
"You do?"
"Yeah, I mean I didn't really think about it until I talked to Ryan", I replied.
"Oh."
"Yeah, he told me some things I overlooked."
"Well, to be fair, I've overlooked some of your characteristics too", Roman said.
I smiled.
"I can't stay mad at you. No matter how hard I try, I'm always drawn back to the same conclusion."
"My goal wasn't to force you to be with me", Roman replied.
"Yeah, I know."
"It's just when I'm connected to someone, I'm meant to be with that person, just like when I saved your life."
"But, that was just a coincidence", I replied.
"That wasn't just a coincidence."
He pulled me closer.
"That was destiny."
Tears began to form in my eyes. I wiped them with the back of my sleeve.
"What we have isn't going away", I replied.
"No, it isn't."
"I feel like I'm in some sort of dream when I'm with you. It's the best place ever. There are so many beautiful aspects and it's just so peaceful."
"It sounds like a place I recognize", Roman replied.
"Really?"
"Yes, at the end of the battle, when everything goes back to normal, I see a place of beauty."
I looked down.
"What if you guys don't win the battle?", I asked.
"We will."
I sniffled.
"You don't have to act hard around me Roman, I know you're scared."
There was a moment of silence.
"You're right, I am scared, but that doesn't mean I have to show it", he replied.
"Yeah."
"I could never think of how we would end up here, but I'm glad we are", he said.
"Me too."
It was dark and the stars were shining very brightly.
Roman grabbed my hand and took me inside.
"It's just us tonight", he said.
"Wait, really?"
"Yeah."
He led me to a room and shut the door behind us.
"Saying I love you isn't enough. I want to show you how much I love you."
"Roman...I"
He kissed my neck.
"Let me love you", he whispered.
I removed his shirt as we locked in a passionate kiss. He moved his hands up and down my back. I started feeling the heat as I kissed his chest.
"This feels amazing."
He lifted me up and eased me onto the bed. He removed my shirt and started kissing below my neck. I began to moan deeply. It felt so good, and the amount of energy he was giving was immaculate.
"Yes."
He unbuttoned my pants and slowly took them off. I sat up and crawled on top of him. Then I kissed his ear and whispered how much I loved him. I moved down to his pants and took his off as well.
"Should we do it?", I asked.
Roman sat up and looked at me.
"Only if you want to. I will never force you into doing anything ever again."
"Then, I want to."
He smiled and kissed me. We were locked in an embrace for a good minute until he decided to take it to the next level. And I went along with it. Never before in my life have I felt something so painful, yet so satisfying.
"Are you okay?", Roman asked.
"Yes, I'm fine."
We continued having sex for the next thirty minutes. I don't remember much after the fact, but I did know that it was one of the best sensations of my life.

That night, I finally got the sleep I needed. I got the sleep I wanted. And most importantly, I got the sleep that I deserved with the man that I loved. We slept happily through the night. We didn't know what the next day had in store for us, but we did know that we would be in it together. We knew that the battle was only days away and Madama was still no where to be found, so we would spend this time with each other.