Chapter 20

"It looks like we have about three days until battle", James said.
"That's not a lot of time, but we have more people who want to join us", Ryan replied.
Roman came up behind me and grabbed my hand.
"How did you sleep?"
"I sleep great actually", I replied.
He smiled looked at Ryan.
"We don't need Norma, Blair or anyone else on sight. When the day for battle comes, if they get in our way you kill them."
"Yeah, you got it", Zach replied.
Tucker came out with a map.
"Ok, so here is the valley. We're here in the forest and the others are down in this area. If Madama is planning to cover the low ground, I already have Bret and his crew on lookout. If she decides to cover high ground, Lora and her sisters will be waiting for them."
"Good", Roman said.
"But, I also did a little more research and based off of what I found, my speed can be actually be useful for when I need to create a quick diversion to throw them off."
"But, what about Queen Hazel. Isn't she and her people down that way?", I asked.
"Yes, which is why I got took extra measures to make sure the other beasts can still fulfill their task without disrupting Queen Hazel and her people."
Ryan shook his head.
"Still we have like three open spots."
"That's where we come in", Tucker replied.
"One of in each part?"
"Yep."
I looked at Roman.
"I'll go with you."
"No Zara, it's too dangerous."
"But, I can help". I replied.
Before he could reply, James touched his shoulder.
"She actually could help."
"Really?"
"Yeah, she can go with the reserves", he replied.
Roman nodded.
"That sounds good."
"What are the reserves doing?", I asked.
"They're helping all the children get to safety. I figured with your skills in leadership, you would be a good person to help with that."
"Ok, cool."
Zach sniffed the ground.
"Umm, guys I can feel vibrations", he said.
"What?"
"There's some type of movement going on in the ground."
James searched the area.
"He's right."
Behind the trees appeared three black panthers.
"Get back", Zach said.
They growled and transformed into humans. There were two men and one woman. They were dressed in black and had yellow eyes.
"Greetings from the world of Nazar, the great amulet", the man with blonde hair said.
"Hey Jake", Roman replied.
"Long time no see."
He began introducing the other two.
"This is Jerome and Kai."
They bowed their heads.
"We hear of the Great Battle coming up", Jake continued.
"Yeah."
"And we all know Madama is one of the greatest of all time."
"So, what are you doing here?", Ryan asked.
"We were just exploring the amazing forest and just happened to stop by", Jake replied.
"Yes, it is indeed splendid", Kai added.
Me and Roman looked at each other.
"The battle is in three days, shouldn't you guys be preparing?", I asked.
Kai laughed.
"Preparing? Do you know we are? We are the most dominant faction in the world of Nazar", she replied.
"Ok, but-"
"There is no but."
She looked me up and down.
"I can tell you come from such a place that would have sandwiches for lunch."
I felt my skin start to boil. I can't believe she just insulted me.
I took a step forward.
"Don't push me"
"Or what?", she asked.
Roman grabbed my arm.
"Zara don't"
Kai smiled and held her head up high as though she was the greatest woman ever.
"Look, don't we need extra information about what we already know", Ryan said.
"Then so be it. Just know that those you despise are the ones that always get he upper hand."
As they turned around to leave, Kai balled up her hands and threw a mist of fire at me.
Roman stepped in between and slashed it away.
"Nice try", he said.
She laughed.
"Keep her close. She's a special one."
She turned around and walked away.
"Looks like they're definitely going to be at the battle", James said.
I nodded.
"Yeah, Kai almost had me there.
"She's just looking to pick a fight. Don't worry about her", he replied.
"Roman came up to us.
"We need to get word out to everyone. Even those in the spirit world."
"We can cover the forest, but the outer lands will have to be through a widespread message", Tucker said.
He nodded.
After we gathered up the information we went and spread to word to everyone. We knew that when Madama came, no one would be safe. The war was coming and we were running out of time.

As we got closer to battle, times got harder. More and more people from the ancient world were sweeping into the forest. They ranged from wolves to supernatural witches. The only thing we could do was spread the word, for we were not positive who would agree to join us.