Chapter 21

As soon as the school bell rang, I headed outside to meet Roman and the others.
They were by the steps.
"Hey guys", I said.
"Hey."
Roman kissed me on the cheek.
"Are you nervous?"
"Yeah, I am", I admitted.
"Don't be, the battle is in two days, so we still have a little time to spread the word and prepare."
I smiled.
"Thanks."
Ryan pointed down the street.
"Ok, that's where we're heading first."
"What about the river bend?", James asked.
"We'll go there last."
Zach put on his jacket.
"Let's start moving then."
We looked around to make sure no one was following us. James did a quick scan of the area and gave Tucker a thumbs up.
"We're good", he said.
"Ok, it's this way."
As we walked through the forest, we could here noise coming from afar. It got louder and the ruffled sound turned into screams.
"What was that?", Ryan asked.
"Sounds like a kid", Roman replied.
We looked around but didn't see anything.
"That's not good", Zach said.
The screaming got louder and we could here fast foot steps.
"Oh no."
"What is it?", I asked.
"Get down", Roman said grabbing my hand.
We hid behind the bushes. There were about ten men in black cloaks carrying a little boy across the lake.
"Help! Help!", the boy cried.
"Shut up you stupid human!"
When they got across the lake they threw the boy in the dirt. One of them took out a sword and held it up.
"Now is your last chance. Tell us where he is or we kill you!"
"I don't know", he replied crying.
As he put the sword to the boys neck we heard yelling coming from the other side of the lake.
"What is that?", Ryan asked.
"I have no idea", Roman replied.
A group of natives with bow and arrows ran across the lake and began shooting at the men. One by one they dropped like flies. They quickly got the boy and took him to safety.
"I've seen those men before", Roman said.
"You have?"
"Yeah, in this book I read. It was about a little boy getting kidnapped and the native men rush in to save him."
We got up and came out into the open.
"So they're not the same natives that are working with Madama?", I asked.
"No, they would've killed boy as well. Madama has taught them to destroy anything that poses a threat to their world.
"But, he's just a kid", I replied.
"True, but he doesn't descend from any of the mythical creatures or great tribes. They basically see him as an outcast."
Ryan interrupted us.
"We gotta keep moving."
We continued walking down the pathway. There wasn't anything unusual. All we saw were trees and other small animals.
"Are there bowman in the ancient forest?", Tucker asked.
Roman gave him a weird look.
"I don't think so."
"Then who is that?", he asked.
We looked and saw a bowman standing by himself. He was looking around as if he was searching for something. He had a gray shirt and baggy pants.
"He doesn't look like any bowman I've ever seen before", Ryan said.
When he saw us he grabbed his bow and arrow and aimed right at us.
Roman growled and transformed into a beast.
"Roman don't!", I yelled.
The bowman pointed his arrow at the tree above us and with perfect aim, he shot a bird in mid air.
"Is that suppose to be a warning?", Ryan asked.
He then lowered his bow and arrow and threw it down.
Roman changed back into his human form.
"Who are you?", he asked.
The bowman looked back.
"Sooner or later you'll find out", he replied.
He grabbed his bow and arrow and ran off.
"What does that mean?", I asked.
"I don't know, but he picked the wrong place and time to play games", Roman replied.
Zach kneeled down and punched into the ground with his bare fists. The ground shook and it felt as if an earthquake just happened.
"He wasn't alone. There was a least five others that were with him", he said.
I looked at Roman.
"Maybe they were hunting for something."
"It's possible", he replied.
Ryan pulled a key out of his pocket.
"Before we decide what's next, we need to visit Dominic. He'll have the answers to all the questions."

At that moment, we continued moving forward. The battle was in two days and we were still looking for people who could help. Anything would be useful to us. Letters, books, or even radio tapes could help.

So our next step was to go to Dominic to get answers about Madama and The Native Tribe. The sun will be setting soon and we were running out of time.