Chapter 15

I walked up to Isabelle's porch and rang the doorbell.
About ten seconds later, she came to answer the door.
"Zara?"
"Hey Isabelle."
"What are you doing here?", she asked.
"I just wanted to talk."
"Oh, so now you want to talk?", she replied.
"I know I haven't told you everything, but I promise it's not intentional."
"Right, well I got some homework to catch up on so..."
"Please."
She sighed.
"Ok, fine."
She let me in. It felt like forever since I've been in her house. Even though her parents were still overseas, it was like their presence could still be felt.
"So, what did you want to talk about?", she asked.
"Well, I've been having these dreams."
"Oh, like the ones you were having before?", she asked.
"No, these were different."
"Oh."
"Yeah, it's like they're trying to tell me something that I don't know yet", I replied.
"Gotcha, so have you talked to your Dad about it?"
"No, he's got enough on his plate."
"How about anybody else?", she asked.
I took a breath.
"There is this guy, and I really like this guy, so I might consider talking to him about it", I said.
Her eyes widened.
"When did you meet this guy?"
"A while back", I replied.
"Ooooh, so are y'all like together?"
"Yeah, we are."
"Nice!", she replied.
"But, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."
"Oh dear."
"The lady in my dreams keeps telling me that he's hiding something from me, and I've been denying the fact that he is", I explained.
Isabelle touched my arm.
"Go with whatever your heart is telling you."
I smiled.
"You're right."
I gave her a hug.
"You're the best."
"I know", she giggled.
She walked me out.
"So, what's next for you then?", she asked.
"I'm not sure, but I have a lot of thinking to do."
She smiled.
"Well, just call me when you make a decision", she replied.
"I will."
I got in my car and pulled out my phone. I had a missed call from Roman. I assumed it was something about Madama. It seemed like everyday she was plotting some sort of plan.
I turned down the street and a saw something jump in front of my car. I quickly pressed on the brakes.
"What was that?"
I stepped out of the car and the lady revealed herself.
She had black hair and sharp teeth.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Norma", she replied.
I took a step back.
"What do you want?"
She looked around.
"I've been searching for you", she said.
"Well, I'm not that hard to find."
She laughed.
"Of course not, but finding you by yourself is a little harder don't you think?"
"I just want to go home", I replied.
"Oh, so Roman is your home?"
My eyes grew big. How did she know I was going to see Roman? Was she reading my mind?
I shook my head.
"How do you know about us?"
"Everyone knows about you two", she said.
I looked around.
"Whatever you're thinking about, you're not going to get away with it."
"Are you sure?", she asked.
"Yeah."
"You know, humans like you underestimate us creatures. You don't think we're capable of doing miraculous things", she replied.
"Oh, I know what you guys can do."
"Then perhaps you wouldn't be so blind?"
"What?", I asked.
"You don't know what Roman has been doing to you, but I'm sure you've bumped into my friend Sarah right?"
As soon as she said that, I immediately knew that she was the woman I have been hearing in my dreams.
"It's you", I said.
She smiled.
"Oops, you caught me."
"Why are y'all saying these things about Roman?", I asked.
She slowly walked around in the street.
"When I was in love, Jarad told me that he loved me. He promised me that he would never hurt me. We did everything together, and I trusted him. I put all my faith into that monster. But little did I know, I was under a spell. It was the spell of Disposal. It was created for forces, such as himself to persuade you into following them and eventually fall in love with their character. And so, I questioned Jarad about the spell, and that was when he told me that he had used it on me. I cried for nights, upon nights until my poor little heart couldn't take it anymore. I blamed myself for being so stupid. And while I was in misery, Jarad was moving on to his next victim. But I was too afraid to speak against me, knowing the power he still had over me. I hid in fear, for months. I refused to come out of the shadows. Then one day, I met Sarah and she showed me how to move forward. She is the reason why I am the person I am today. Without her, I would still be hiding under my rock, slowly waiting for time to pass by."
I stood there shocked.
"You would say anything to get what you want."
"That's not true", she replied.
"Then why are you here?"
"I want you to know the truth, so you can feel the pain I felt all those years ago."
She ran up to me and grabbed me.
"Let me go!"
She took out a rag and held it over my mouth. As I struggled, my surroundings became blurry. I tried to break free, but she was too strong. Within a couple of seconds, everything went pitch black and I was out.