Bonus Chapter

So after my last authors note and the comments I got, I realized most over you are expecting Leonard death.

Well, I wanted to remind you guys this is a fanfiction. One way or another Leonard will prevail.

I went back to the original book and referred to the Bonus Chapter I wrote. I'm not saying this will happen, but it's more likely than me letting him die.

This is another rewrite, but the concept remains.

"Fix it!" Snart yelled, forcefully pushing Barry against the wall of the Cortex.

"Snart, it's not that simple!"

"It was pretty damn simple for you to mess it all up!" Barry looked down, unable to meet Snart's gaze.

"Snart..." Barry began, but was interrupted.

"I may not show it, Allen, but your sister means everything to me," Snart's grip tightened, "and now you're here, telling me she doesn't even know I exist."

"She knows you exist," Barry's voice was barely a whisper, "She just doesn't know you're her soulmate." Snart's anger grew.

"And what about the idiot she's with?"

"I wouldn't call Julian an idiot. Sure, he's a jerk, but he's actually really smart." Snart's face remained stoic, but his eyes betrayed his anger.

"Look, I know I messed up. That's why I need your help." Leonard nodded and released his hold on the hero, only to step back and deliver a punch to Barry's face.

"What was that for?" Barry held his face in shock.

"That's for going back in time to save your mother without Ayana's consent and screwing everything up for us." Barry took a deep breath.

"You're dead." Leonard rolled his eyes.

"What are you talking about, Allen?" The criminal crossed his arms defiantly.

"Snart," Barry sighed, "In the timeline I altered, you're dead." Confusion replaced anger on Leonard's face.

"It was either you or her." His expression fell, "She was ready to do it, to die to save you guys."

"But I wouldn't let her." Barry shook his head.

"That's why I chose you," Barry's face showed a newfound respect, "Your last words to Ayana were that you loved her. I knew that if you truly loved my sister, you would do anything to set things right, even if it's only temporary for you."

"I left her alone?" Barry nodded; Snart's vulnerability surfaced.

"With a baby." Leonard's gaze dropped.

"I'll help you," Barry went to interject, but Leonard continued, "but..."

"But what?" Barry's desperation was evident.

"You have to make sure I don't die," Shock registered on Barry's face, "You have to make sure neither of us dies." Barry remained silent for a moment.

"They say the pain of losing your soulmate is unbearable," Snart showed no emotions, "and now I've witnessed my dad and sister go through it." Barry extended his hand, "You have a deal." Leonard nodded, shaking the hero's hand.

"Don't mess this up, Allen."