Ch. 24

The group of eight abducted adults began to awaken from their forced sleep. Finding themselves on a roof. It was night and none of them knew where they were at.

"What a headache!" Mick groaned, clutching his head.

"Stein? What the hell are you doing here?" Leonard asked, sitting up- eyes scanning his surroundings.

"I'm as ignorant as you, for once." The professor rebutted.

"Where are we?" Sara Lance asked, trying the clear her vision.

Kendra groaned.

"Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us? British dude with a flashy thing? - Ring any bells?" Jax said, leaning on his hand for support.

"The name's Rip Hunter. I'm from East London. Oh, and the future." A gentleman who appeared to be in his forties, wearing a long brown coat.

"Nice to meet you, Rip," Mick grunted, hands reaching for his heat gun.

"Uh, while you were incapacitated, I may have tampered with your weapons. I've assembled you all because I need your help. The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage." The Englishman declared.

"That can't be." Carter Hall interjected, "We destroyed him."

"Yeah, the Green Arrow and Flash helped us do it," Kendra added.

"And therein lay the problem. Unless you or Mr. Hall deliver the death blow, Savage can be restored from but a single cell." The Englishman held up his index finger to emphasize 'a single cell'.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mick bellowed.

"Vandal is immortal. Kendra and I reincarnate." Carter stated.

"Yeah, I've done that," Sara said with a nod of her head.

"And what the hell does this Randall guy got to do with us?" The arsonist snapped.

"Vandal." Rip corrected, "In the future, he will employ the evil he's perfected over his long life, and the power he has amassed throughout history, to finally conquer the world. I've been tasked with assembling an elite team to stop him."

"How?" Sara questioned.

"To travel through time. To capture Savage before he grows into the monster he becomes." Rip responded, looking at the group over his shoulder.

"You got the wrong guy. "Hero" ain't on my resume." Snart rebuked, subconsciously running his fingers across the mark on his palm. A comforting habit he had developed. The parka covered man headed towards the roofs exit.

"Or mine." Mick retorted, following his partner.

"I know it's difficult for you to fathom, but where when I'm from, the year 2166, you and everyone on this roof aren't just considered heroes You're legends." This caught the criminal's attention, causing both to turn and face the Englishman.

"Legends?" Ray perked up, interested.

"I, um, I hate to nitpick, but doesn't a legend have to be dead?" The professor stammered.

"Yeah, see, uh, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'm gonna pass." The other half of Firestorm, Jackson Jefferson blabbered.

"It's dangerous for any of you to know too much about your own futures, but I am here because each of you, as individuals, is destined for greatness." Rip tempted, eyeing each of the adults.

"I could get behind that." Ray declared.

"And, because if you don't follow me, this is what is in store for your world 150 years from now." A hologram of Star City in ruins was shown, shocking each adult. With a click of a button, it was gone.

"Some of us have families to think about," Jax pointed out.

"My wife was in the League of Assassins," Leonard drawled, "I'd rather not chance it."

"Its a shame, such a brilliant woman married a crook like you." Stein commented, earning himself a glare.

"I'm no fool Mr. Snart," Rip said, walking towards the criminal, "Do you really think I would separate soulmates?"

"Then why isn't she hear?" Kendra questioned, "Carter and I are both here."

"Mrs. Snart isn't easily swayed," Rip was cautious with his words, "There's only one person in the world who could convince her."

Leonard rolled his eyes, "You want me to convince my wife to leave her Brother to go play hero," He pretended to think about it, "I still pass."

"I could have chosen any time and any place. Of all the people who ever lived, I chose you. I certainly hope that you won't let me, and the world, down."

The eight stranger's where shocked silent. "If your answer is yes, meet me at this address in 36 hours." Rip handed Stein a small card, heading towards the roofs exit.