(OG) Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Ayana woke up to Evelyn scanning her surroundings with a confused face. Irritation immediately washed over her.

"He kidnapped us, didn't he?" Evelyn nodded as the Allen girl rubbed her temples. "This guy needs to learn some manners."

"If he was Rip Hunter, my brother is on this," Evelyn looked around, "whatever this is. Mick and I need to have some words." Ayana chuckled at her friend's fiery temper.

"Lead the way, red." The vessel they had been placed on was gigantic, and neither woman had seen anything like it. The two had been completely lost until they heard familiar bickering. Ayana took note that the room that everyone was in seemed to be the vessel's version of the cortex. Evelyn went to storm into the room to confront her brother, only to be stopped by her brunette counterpart.

"Listen." The brunette muttered.

"While you were busy saving Norway from nuclear annihilation," An obviously frustrated Rip was interrupted by Evelyn's brother.

"You're welcome, Norway." The female duo each raised an eyebrow, curious as to what chaos this band of misfits had caused.

"Savage sent one of his cronies back to the site of the arms sale. Anyone care to guess what he found?" Rip continued, holding one of his arms up in emphasis.

" Whoops." Ayana's cobalt eyes landed on the familiar dark hair of Raymond Palmer.

"I am unversed in modern American colloquialisms. Is 'Whoops' slang for 'Oh'" A smile graced Ayana's face at the sight of her future creation, Gideon. When Barry had brought her to the time vault and explained the entire Wells situation to her, he had shown her the future news article and Gideon, their future joint invention.

"Yes, Dr. Palmer seems to have thrown a spinner in the works for the entire timeline." Rip spat, rubbing his temples.

"Come again?"

"Armed with Dr. Palmer's future technology, Savage's engineers develop a weapon far more destructive than anything here in 1975." Rip informed the adults that surrounded him, "This is Central City in 2016. At least it was. I'm not sure what the neo-fascists who took control of it are calling it these days." Evelyn grasped Ayana's hand at the sight before her. Ayana looked at the hologram in horror.

"There must be a way to correct this somehow." Ray

"Fortunately, Gideon is just showing us a forecast of the future you've all created. Time is like cement. It takes time to become permanent. In this case, until Savage's team have worked out the mystery of your future technology and molded it to their own ends. And when they do, what you see here is no longer just a forecast. This," Rip let out a stressed sigh, "This is history."

The two female's looked at each other as the two scientists start conversing on how they could track the alpha particle in Ray's suit. Evelyn hadn't even been into science, whereas it ran in Ayana's blood. Hence why she had been over the moon when her brother told her about the particle accelerator. Both females roll their eyes at the Professor's 'I am better than you' personality. He was just as Ayana remembered him.

"You two are just in time." Ayana's blood ran cold as two more members of the team of misfits ended the cortex-like room.

"Show them, Kendra." Loathing course through her body as he spoke.

"Aldus was carrying this when he was killed. It's a newspaper article about an Egyptian dagger. The one Savage used to kill us. In Central City, we learned that objects associated with the night of our deaths can also be used to kill Savage. According to Aldus's notes, the dagger needs to be wielded in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it." Ayana recognized the girl as a former barista at Jitters, Cisco had had a thing for her.

"What does this incantation say?" Ayana grabbed the female who stood beside her's wrist, catching her attention.

"I don't know. I can't read the language." The former barista said, disheartened.

"It's okay. I'll help you remember." Ayana silently scoffed.

"Splendid." Rip muttered as Ayana made their presence known.

"I wouldn't advise that." Nine head's snapped towards the angered voice.

"Alyssandra." Carter's voice was breathless.

"You know it would have been nice to receive an explanation when we came-to. I know I'm not the most agreeable person, but I wouldn't have said no." Evelyn stated, folding her arms across her chest.

"Would you look at that, you have more explaining to do," Leonard remarked, an amused expression on his face.

"You gave up any advantage we had. I needed a backup plan." Ayana's cobalt eyes scanned the room until they fell onto an all too familiar female. It made sense now.

"Why do you need me, when you have Ta-er al-Sahfer?" Curiosity got the better of her.

"I just go by Sara now Azhara." The blonde corrected.

"And I go by Ayana." The brunette rebutted, throwing her old friend a genuine smile.

"Azhara?" Leonard questioned as Carter butt in.

"Ayana?" The female scoffed.

"Oops, I'm a liar." She mocked, looking Carter in the eyes, "who has secrets." She continued, eyeing her soulmate.

"Ayana was a member of the Leauge of Assassins. One of the best." Her eyes narrowed at the Time Master who didn't know when to shut his mouth.

"That's where you were?" Evelyn inquired, "The six years you were gone? You were a member of the Leauge of Assassins?" Ayana turned her head to meet her friend's gaze. Nodding sharply.

"That's how I met Carter." Ayana drawled, emotionlessly. Evelyn's eyes darkened, recalling a prior conversation the two had had when she returned to Central City. A betrayed look adorned the Hawkman's face, only making said female scoff.

"Back to the conversation, you were having before I interrupted." The female redirected, "How do we stop that from happening?" Her finger was pointed at the hologram.

"This conversation isn't over Allen." Snart drawled, his eyes on her.

"Leave her alone would you?" Ayana scoffed as Carter snapped.

"Says the cheater himself." Evelyn scoffed, gaining everyone's attention, particularly a certain criminal.

"You dated him?" Leonard looked at his soulmate expectantly.

"I was on a mission and I needed a convincing cover." Hurt flashed across Carter's face.

"So your name wasn't the only lie." Another scoff passed Ayana's lips.

"You're one to talk. You didn't see me having sex with someone else. However, that can't be said about you." Everyone reacted differently to the words that left the brunette's mouth, however, no one had expected Leonard's fist to collide with Carter's jaw as one of them.