(OG) Chapter One

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V

Love exists within all people, places, things, and even ideas. It is inextricably linked to everything in life. It is the most powerful force in the universe. In the grand scheme of things, Love encompasses all.

Earth One. A world in which everything leads to one thing; Our soulmates. The love in which soulmates share has no limits; Age, Sexuality, Race, Religion. None of that matters. An Earth One being is incomplete until they find their soulmate. There are, of course, connections soulmates hold.

You don't simply get thrown into the world and hope the boy or girl is your soulmate.

Central City, Ohio

18 March 2000

"Barry! Ayana! Hurry up or you'll have to walk a long way to get to the Museum!" Nora Allen called up the steps of her home to her children. She smiled as she heard two pairs of scampering feet, following shortly after the sound of two doors closing.

"Bet I can beat you downstairs!" She heard her eleven-year-old son challenge.

"You're so on." Her daughter quipped. Seconds later her children came into sight, her son barreling down the steps. She watched as her daughter hopped onto the railing and slid down on it on her stomach, beating her brother.

"That's cheating!" Barry screeched.

"You never said it was a foot race, Bartholomew," Ayana said with a smirk. Barry's eye twitched at his given name.

"Stop it, you two." Henry Allen said, coming up behind his children, messing with their hair.

"Dad!" The two shouted, attacking their father with hugs.

"Come on kiddo's, Central City Museum awaits us." He said, causing the ten and eleven-year-old to bolt out of their home and to the blue 1998 Toyota Camry.

"We couldn't ask for better kids," Nora said looking lovingly at her children, Henry's arm finding its way around her,

"No, we couldn't. We should probably get out there before one of them figures out I left the keys in the ignition." Nora laughed and made her way to the car.

***

"Barry, look!" Ayana squealed looking at one of the museum's newest additions.

"Is that-" Barry began but was interrupted by his sister.

"Yes! It's Harrison Wells Theory and Research on the hydro-car he and Tessa created!" Henry and Nora Allen couldn't help but grin at their children's excitement.

Ayana and Barry ran in the middle of their parents, Ayana taking their father's hand, while Barry took their mothers. The day consisted of Ayana and Barry running up to each exhibit and conversing about what they knew about it, with Henry occasionally adding his input. Nora wasn't a science or history person like her husband and children, so she let them enjoy themselves and hung back, simply enjoying being with her family.

***

Ayana and Barry were fighting for the mirror in their shared bathroom. It wasn't an actual fight, they did it more for the fun of it than anything.

"Come on kiddos, time for bed," Henry said, leaning on the frame of their shared bathroom. Both children looked at each other, smirks adorning their faces. Ayana took off out of the bathroom and into her room.

"I won again, Bartholomew!" She said smirking at her big brother from across the hall.

"Stop calling me Bartholomew!" He groaned. Ayana smiled as her mother entered her room to tell her goodnight, then left to switch with her dad, as they did every night.

"Sleep tight kiddo." Her dad said as he flipped her light off.

"Love you!" Ayana and Barry chorus on sync, as they do every night.

"Love you too!" Nora and Henry called back.

***

There was a crash, the glass from the window breaking was heard. Ayana ran into the hall, her brother not far behind. The siblings stood at the top of the steps, red and yellow illuminated the lower floor of their home.

The two children heard their mother calling out their names, fear invaded them. Ayana took off down the steps, Barry following as soon as she heard her father's desperate cries for their mother.

As soon as her feet hit the floor, she could see into their living room. Her heart stopped at the sight. Her mother, Nora Allen had been wearing a white shirt, the area above her heart was covered in dark red, and the shirt was torn, The little girl hopes with all her being that it was just the red wine that had once been in the broken wine glass on the floor. But she wasn't that naive, she knew that her mother was lethally injured. A sense of security ran through her as her big brother grabbed her hand.

"Barry! Take your sister and go! Run Barry run!" Their father shouted, looking at them with terror. But before either of them could turn to run, they were on the eleventh street, eight blocks from their home.

"Dad," Ayana whispered. Barry took charge of the situation and began to run back towards their home, Ayana followed in suit. When they got back to their street, cop cars was all they could see.

"Barry! Ayana! I'm so glad you're alright!" Joe West, a police officer, a family friend was the first to see them.

"Is Mom okay?" Barry asked, with a worry laced voice.

"Did you catch the man in yellow?" Ayana asked, fear evident in her voice.

"I'm so sorry." He said, just as the medic team came out with a sheet covered stretcher.

"Mommy?" Ayana words barely audible, her blue eyes filling with tears. Barry grasped his sister's hand tightly. The Allen siblings couldn't think of anything worse happening... until the police left the house with their father in handcuffs.

"Daddy? No! Not my Daddy!" Ayana broke the hold she had on her brother's hand as she ran towards her dad and the police officers who held him. Ayana was a small child, so she went unnoticed.

"I just lost my mommy, and now you're taking my daddy too." She said, as soon as the officer noticed a child latched onto the man they had cuffed,

"Sweetheart, your dad did a bad thing." One officer tried to say.

" The man in yellow killed my mommy. Why isn't he in handcuffs? My daddy is a doctor, he saves people." Ayana said defiantly.

"Ayana, my little flower, it's okay. Go with Joe. He'll keep you safe." Henry said, as gently as he possibly could considering the circumstances.

Ayana gave the officers on last defying look, the backed down. Only then did she notice her brother by her side.

"We love you, Daddy," Ayana said, speaking for both, her brother and herself.

"I love you too, both of you, never forget that." Tears slip down the girl's face as she and her brother were lead away from the scene.

***

Ayana and Barry Allen lost not only their mother but also their father that day. Henry Allen was tried and convicted of murdering his wife, Nora Allen. Joe West took both of the Allen children in. It wasn't easy, but he managed.