Ch. 26

"It'll only be a couple hours, you'll be back with plenty of time." Ayana looked at her brother with disbelief.

"You want me to go to another Earth to distract someone while you STEAL something?"

"How the tables have turned," Leonard commented.

"Ayana please, Harry says the only way this will work is if you help." Barry pleaded.

"Fine." She conceeded

"If one hair on her head is out of place-" Leonard threatened.

"I wouldnt put my sister in harms way." Barry stated plainly.

"Let's get this over with," Ayana said, looking at the breech. "I'll meet you at the address." Leonard nodded, shooting Barry a glare.

Leonard grabbed her waist, pulling her into a kiss, "Don't do anything I wouldn't."

Barry cut her off before she could even speak, "You're going to want to hold on."

Amazement flooded through her as she walked through Earth-Two's S.T.A.R Labs. Earth-One's S.T.A.R Labs was amazing, but this- this was phenomenal.

"I know right." Barry grinned at his sister.

"I am at loss." She admitted, following Barry into Harry's office.

"We're going to the town hall, where you'll be distracting a secretary so that I can grab the files they have on Zoom." Her eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"I know I'm a great conversationalist, but how am I supposed to distract someone I don't know, to the extent of you getting into and out of the meta-proof room without being caught?"

"Because the secretary is Evelyn Rory, the Mayor's personal assistant." Her jaw dropped.

"Evelyn Rory as in my best friend?"

"On both earth's apparently." Harry mused. The cobalt-eyed girl cocked her head curiously.

"So you want me to waltz in there and converse with Evelyn as if I was at home?"

"Yes, although I would avoid the topic of the Mayor," Harry advised, earning a curious look from each of the Allen siblings.

"I'm sure I can manage." She rolled her eyes.

"Great, hold on," Barry said with a grin.

"Hold on?" And they were gone. Ayana clenched her hand against her stomach.

"What the hell were you thinking!" She scolded, trying to fight the nauseous feeling.

"It was the fastest way here." Barry shrugged. Her hand collided with the back of his head, her composure coming back to her.

"Ouch." A smirk adorned her lips as she turned towards the building.

"Don't get caught, I don't have authority on this Earth." Barry chuckled as his sister made her way into the building. Ayana had to do a double take when her eyes landed on her best friend's Earth-Two counterpart. This Evelyn Rory still adorned chocolate brown locks, a huge contrast to her best friend's usual fiery red.

"A?" Earth-Two Evelyn called out, Ayana smiled in reply.

"Eve! Hey! I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time!" Guilt built up in her stomach. This wasn't her Evelyn, but it still felt like she was betraying her trust.

"I always have time for you, you know that." This Evelyn appeared hesitant, "Are you sure you want to be here?"

"Why wouldn't I want to be here?" She tried to play off.

Her heart stopped at the familiar voice.

"Leonard," Evelyn's doppelganger tone was warning.

"I thought you were still in Star City," His tone didn't sit right with her. It was almost pained. She forced herself to remember this wasn't her Leonard. This was his Earth-2 counterpart. "You look good."

"So do you," She countered, this only seemed to increase this Leonard's pain.

"I was going to call," Understanding seeped into her. Earth-2 Ayana and Leonard had been together and broken up.

"But you didn't," She observed.

"I'm still in love with you," She shook her head, this was wrong. "I tried not to be, but I can't."

Ayana caught sight of Harry Wells in the corner of her eye, however that's not what caught her attention. It was the woman beside him.

The woman smiled, beckoning her on. With a deep breath she turned back to her soulmates doppleganger. "That's the funny thing about love, you either fall completely or not at all."

"I want another chance." He took a step towards her, "I know you probably have a boyfriend back in Star City."

Ayana glanced at the woman, "Spit it out Leonard,"

"Come back, you can have a husband." Ayana's fingers subconsciously caressed the initials on her palm.

"Sir," Evelyn's doppelganger interrupted, "The governor is on the phone."

"Go," She saw the hesitation in his eyes, "You know where to find me."

She didn't expect to feel the familiar pair of hands on her waist, or lips on hers. "I promise I'll be there this time."

Everything was identical. The feeling of his hands, his lips; The way he pulled her towards him, how he kissed her.

"I really wish I had time to talk about what just happened," Earth-2 Evelyn began, but she cut her off.

"No, go. I have to meet with Barry anyway."

Ayana was caught off guard as this Evelyn pulled her into a tight embrace. "Ill call you later?"

As soon as Evelyn was out of sight she made her way to Harry and the woman with him.

"Wells," She greeted.

"I'll leave you two alone."

Ayana's gaze landed on the woman. She wore her brown hair in a long ponytail, her blue eyes locked onto her own.

"Does it work out?" The vulnerability shone through as she spoke.

"Ayana Allen and Leonard Snart are inevitable. Doesn't matter what Earth you're on."

"How do you know?" Her voice was hushed, almost a whisper.

"Because," A small smile slipped onto her lips, "he looks at you the same way mine looks at me."

Ayana held her left palm out, facing upwards, "On Earth-One everyone is given a fated mate, a soulmate. You're born with their initials on your dominant hand." She smiled as her Earth-2 counterpart hesitantly reached out, tracing the initals on her hand.

"Inevitable?" Ayana nodded.

"No one will ever love you the way he does," Her graze turned to the wedding set that adorned that same hand, her doppleganger following her gaze, "And you'll never love anyone the way you love him. You'll just feel incomplete, like part of you is missing."

She looked up to meet her copies eyes, "No one will ever compare. Just Leoanrd- Always Leonard. He's it for you." She grasped the other girls hand, "and you're it for him."