Ch. 41

Leonard pulled Ayana out from the hiding spot in Rip's office. "This just got complicated." Ayana noted.

Looking at his wife, Leonard nodded, agreeing with his wife. "I'm going to go save our teammates asses, you stay here."

"What? I'm not letting you go out there alone!"

"Ayana you're due to give birth any day, you aren't in the condition to be fighting!"

"I don't need to be in shape to defend myself! I'll take care of myself. Besides, it's dangerous for you too."

"Why do I have a feeling that I'm not allowed to leave you by yourself anymore?"

Chuckling lightly, she rested her hands on her rounded stomach, smiling at her husband. "Please don't go out there alone."

"I'll be back, I promise." His kissed her cheek, before turning and leaving the room.

Ayana watched helplessly as her husband disappeared from the time ship.

It felt like an eternity when he returned with the rest of the team.

"Professor's in the MedBay," Leonard said, walking into the bridge with his wife, "Promises not to blow up while he's on board, which I thought was considerate."

"Yeah, the Professor's condition is the least of our worries, I'm afraid." Rip said, leaning against the control panel.

"Yeah, much to my chagrin, it turns out everything we've done, maybe even our whole lives, has been determined by the Time Masters." Ray said, dissapointment clear in his voice.

"What?" Ayana and Sara said, sharing glances.

"The Time Masters have this thing called the Oculus, which allows them not only to gaze into the future, but to engineer it." Rip explained, Ayan shared a concerned look with her husband.

"A future where I'm dead, apparently." Ray mentioned, his face forlorn.

"And why would they want you dead?" Sara asked, a confused expression on her face.

"Have you ever listened to what comes out of his mouth?" Mock added, woth a roll of his eyes.

"Now, in my opinion, Dr. Palmer's death is not part of their plan." Rip but in, trying to stop an argument from ensuing.

"No, that's not reassuring. Ow!" Mick his Ray, causing the latter to rub his shoulder.

"You saying the Time Masters wanted me to do that?" Mick asked, Ayana had to turn her head to hide her smile.

"What I'm saying is that they've been engineering our lives to move in very specific directions." Rip explained, "And we are playing out that script even now."

"So we can go to 2016, but that might be what the Time Masters want." Sara said, approaching the panel, "Or we can go get Kendra and Carter..."

"Which could also be what they want." Leonard interrupted her.

"Then we need to do what they don't want." Ayana said, finally speaking up.

"If the Oculus is what they're using to control us, then we need to destroy it." Ray added, looking at his teammates.

"But how do we do that if the Time Bastards are pulling our strings?" Leonard asked, wrapping his arm protectively around his wife.

"Well, Druce told me that the Oculus' ability to control our actions doesn't work in the Vanishing Point, most likely because the Vanishing Point itself exists outside of time."

"Explains why we were able to escape." Ayana said, leaning into her husband's embrace.

"And why we might actually have a shot at destroying this thing." Sara hit Ray's shoulder, "I'm with Ray."

"Ow." Ray let out a pained moan again.

"If I'm gonna be someone's puppet, I'm gonna be the one who cuts his own bloody strings." Rip surmised.

"And I like blowing stuff up." Mock added.

"The only person who decides my fate is me," Ayana input, her head held high.

"We set out on this mission to stop Savage and save the world." Ray begun, "To become legends and change our fates. That mission hasn't changed."

"This is madness," Leonard started, only to be cut off by his wife, "I like it."

"Gideon, plot a course to the Oculus Wellspring," Rip turned to his team, "Team... I think it's about time we seized our destinies back."

Ch. 41

Ayana looked at him, helpless. "It's not supposed to end this way," Tears welled up in her eyes.

"The criminal doesn't get the girl," His voice was sad, and his eyes held every emotion he felt for her.

She couldn't help herself as she grabbed his face, kissing him passionately. "The criminal might not, but the hero does."

"You're going to ruin my reputation, Allen" It was a half hearted reply,

She could hear the other calling for her, "This isn't over-we aren't over"

"Go," His voice cracked for the first time since they met, "I love you Ayana Allen."

Tears ran down her cheeks, "My name is Ayana Snart," Her eyes met his, "I love you Leonard Snart."

She could feel herself being pulled away, her eyes never leaving his, "You keep my girl's safe!"

She fought against Ray and Jax, trying to get them to release their hold on her. "Let me go, I need to help him!"

"Ayana, please," Ray pleaded with her, "The baby."

"I can't do this without him," She sobbed harder.

"We got you," Jax shushed, "we got you." Ayana cried out in pain, grabbing her stomach as they boarded the ship.

"She's coming," She whispered, looking down at the puddle beneath her.

"Get her to the MedBay!" Stein shouted, looking at the two male's who looked like deer stuck in headlights.

"Where's Snart?" He asked curiously, looking between her and the two men.

"He sacrificed himself," Ray answered, sadness in his voice.

Coming out of his shock, Jax picked Ayana up wedding style, rushing her to the medbay.

"What's going on?" Sara said, as Jax rushed past with Ayana. "Legends are having a baby!"

***

"We don't have a lot of time," Cisco told Barry as he opened the breach, "You gotta get in and out."

Barry nodded, "We got this," He and Cisco shared a look, "Let's go get my sister's happily ever after."

Barry stepped through the breach, his eyes set on the destination. Without a second thought he was running.

His eyes landed on his brother-in-law as he entered the building. He could tell the machine was about to blow.

He grabbed his brother in law, just as the oracle began to blow, he ran just ahead of the explosion, entering the breach with just enough time to spare.

Barry and Leonard were thrown to the ground by the forced, breathing heavily as Cisco closed the breach.

"Barry?" Leonard asked, still gasping for air.

"Hey," The scarlet speedster greeted, trying to regain his bearings, "Is it too late to say congratulations?"