Ch. 27

"She'll be here." A soft smile graced Ayana's lips as she followed her lover's voice.

She was an hour behind schedule, but it was worth it to ensure that another version of herself found the same happiness she had.

"I'm sure this is the only time I'll ever say this, but I agree with Mr. Snart," Martin Stein's voice echoed through the ship, "If Miss Allen-"

"Snart," Leonard corrected.

"Yes, Mrs. Snart said she would be here; she will."

"And I am," Ayana said, her eyes immediately landing on her husband.

"Princess," He smirked.

"Sorry, I got a little caught up with my doppelganger." If she hadn't been so focused on Leonard, she would have seen the confused looks shot her way.

"I'm glad you resolved your Earth-2 counterpart parts insecurities, Mrs. Snart." Ayana turned to face the British voice.

"You must be Rip Hunter," She deducted.

"Indeed I am," The man extended his hand, "It's an honor."

"Your name is an alias." She stated, catching the time master off guard.

"All-time masters are given new names upon joining." He informed. "Back to what we were discussing, since you took longer than expected-"

"It was an hour." She deadpanned.

"For us, it was a day," Ayana raised an eyebrow. "Savage now has some of Dr. Palmer's technology."

"What year?" Rip was impressed at her intuitiveness.

"1975."

"And who is Dr. Palmer?"

"Right, I suppose introductions are due."

"Show them, Kendra." Ayana's blood ran cold at the voice.

"Aldus was carrying this when he was killed. It's a newspaper article about an Egyptian dagger. The one Savage used to kill us. In Central City, we learned that objects associated with the night of our deaths can also be used to kill Savage. According to Aldus's notes, the dagger needs to be wielded in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it." Ayana recognized the girl as a former barista at Jitters; Cisco had had a thing for her.

"What does this incantation say?" Leonard took notice of his wife's unease.

"I don't know. I can't read the language." The former barista said, disheartened.

"It's okay. I'll help you remember." Ayana silently scoffed.

"Splendid," Rip muttered as Ayana made her presence known to the couple.

"I wouldn't advise that." All nine heads turned towards her cold voice.

"Alyssandra." Carter's voice was breathless, but Ayana's attention was now directed towards a familiar blonde.

"Why do you need me when you have Ta-er al-Sahfer?"

"I just go by Sara now, Azhara." The blonde corrected.

"And I go by Ayana." The brunette rebutted, throwing her old friend a genuine smile.

"Azhara?" Leonard questioned as Carter cut him off.

"Ayana?" The female scoffed, rolling her eyes at the hawk God.

"Ayana was a member of the League of Assassins. One of the best." Her eyes narrowed at the Time Master, who didn't know when to shut his mouth.

"I was the best, only second to Ra's himself." She corrected. She smirked as the boy she identified as Jackson Jefferson, Ronnie Raymond's replacement in Firestorm, stepped back.

"An assassin?" Carter's voice was laced with betrayal.

"The six years you were away," Stein pieced together, "You would've been 18 when you joined."

"That's correct, proffesor," she confirmed, "It was during that time that I was given an assignment in Opal City, where I met Carter."

"Wait," Sara interjected, "Wasn't your cover in Opal City a guy named Carter?"

"Cover?" Carter asked, his voice filled with hurt.

"You can drop the hurt ex-boyfriend act," Ayana crossed her arms, "I was doing what I was assigned to do."

"You dated him?" Leonard broke the silence.

"Occupational hazard," She answered with a shrug.

Carter eyed her warily, "I think I deserve an explanation."

"Yeah, well, we're short on time. Not to mention, I kinda hate you." Her gaze shifted to the time master again before returning to Carter.

"My past wasn't exactly what you would call pleasant. I had to make a lot of tough decisions to survive. Some I regret, others...not so much."

"And where does Big Bird fall?" Leonard's jealousy was starting to show.

Ayana's lips twitched at his reaction, "Not so much."

"Big bird!?"

Sara's eyes narrowed, "That was the assignment that broke Azhara."

Rip tried to defuse the situation, "Don't you think this is a tad counterproductive?"

"Destroying a person's outlook on love is counterproductive?" Sarcasm dripped from every word she uttered.

"That comment wasn't exactly constructive either," Rip added.

"Azhara is the best of the best because of his infidelity," Sara concluded, her tone dripping with disgust.

"You cheated on Ayana?" Leonard was now entirely focused on Carter, his voice laced with venomous anger.

"I needed someone who could keep up with me," Carter responded, keeping his head down.

Leonard scoffed; his tone was harsh, his eye stinging from the rage emanating from him. His fist clenched tightly around his weapon.

"Leonard..." Dr. Stein warned.

Ayana stepped forward, placing her hand over his clenched fist. Leonard took a deep breath, releasing his death grip on the cold gun.

"He hurt you." Leonard stood there, his eyes trained on Carter.

"A lot of people have hurt me," Ayana countered.

"And I'll kill them all." He whispered, his body quivering with rage.

She saw how everyone had taken a step back from them. Trying to put distance between themselves and the vicious Captain Cold. She shook her head.

Taking Leonard's face in her hands, she pulled his eyes away from Carter. "We need him alive. If anything goes wrong-"

"Fine, I won't kill him."

"Good," Her lips pressed against his in a brief kiss.

"Wait," Carter said, finally putting the pieces together, "You're the wife Rip was talking about?"

Carter had approached the couple, "I suppose I haven't introduced myself, have I?" She turned to the others, a slight smirk on her face. "I'm Ayana Snart, though you probably know me, Ayana Allen."