(OG) Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Nanda Parbat

28 December 2013

"Azhara (Pronounced Ah-Zar-Ah)," Sarab called, halting the training session before him. All of the participating members were in their gear, making it more difficult to pinpoint her. They were currently in the position where one member was versing the rest of them. The one member seemed to be winning. Each of the assassins sheathed their weapons. The lone assassin took their mask off and pulled their hood down, revealing a young woman. Brown hair and alluring blue eyes assaulted his vision. She sheathed the sword in her hand and stood with perfect posture.

"Sarab." She greeted with an unspoken question.

"Ra's al Ghul requests your presence." The young woman nodded, making her way out of the room. She flinched at the sudden burst of rage that went through her. It was odd; because she usually kept a cool head. She shook off the feeling as she arrived at her destination. Her eyes met Ra's al Ghul's dark, cold ones.

"You requested my presence?" She said with a bow.

"Yes, it's time for you to return home." Azhara stiffened.

"Not that home, Azhara. Your true home, in Central City, with your family. You are the youngest ward I've ever taken on, in six years never once have you disappointed or failed me. But now it's time for both, you and I to move on."

"I don't understand. No one retires from the League alive." She said with confusion.

"You are the first person the League has accepted who haven't yet met, bonded, or lost their soulmate. Nyssa and I have watched you these past months, your connection grows stronger with him. You feel his pain, his anger. Soon it'll become more of a distraction than you can afford with what we do. Take this opportunity." Ra's watched as she thought it over.

"This isn't temporary though, it's permanent. Isn't it?"

"It's permanent. You have an unremarkable future ahead of you, child." Azhara nodded.

"Then this is farewell," He said, then looked into her eyes, "Ayana Allen."

***

Ayana let out a breath of air as she laid the last box on the couch. She left Nanda Parbat eight days ago, and now here she was, back in Central City. The league had given her one of their safe houses as a going away present. It was a gorgeous two bedroom loft and she fell in love with it immediately. It was already furnished, all she had to do was have things to put in it. Easy enough, right? No, not at all. She had clothing, toiletries, and her weapons, That would fill a closet and part of a bathroom. Nevertheless, it was still more stressful than being an assassin. As she looked around her loft one thing popped into her head.

"I need a drink." With that said, she grabbed her jacket off of the couch and headed to the one place none of her family would find her.

***

"Welcome to Saints and Sinner, what can I get for you?" One of the bartenders said as she took a seat at the bar.

"Whatever specialty drink you guys are serving right now will do," Ayana said.

"Sex on a Snowbank, it is," Ayana smirked at the name, but then gasped as immense pain shot through her shoulder,

"What the hell type of job do you have, L?" She thought angrily to herself.

"One Sex on a Snowbank. That'll be $6.75." The woman said, putting a very appealing drink in front of Ayana. Ayana threw the woman a ten.

"Keep the rest as a tip." The woman smiled at her gratefully.