(OG) Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

Confusion racked through Ayana as knocking sounded through her loft. It was eight o'clock and she had just gotten home from the precinct. Very few people had been informed of her residence and all of them knew the inform her ahead of time. Ayana placed her hand on her holstered gun, as she looked through the peephole on her door. She immediately released her hold on the gun, pulling the door open.

"Lisa?" Ayana was bewildered. The normally composed woman was a mess. Her hair was frizzed. Her eyes were red and puffy, makeup smudged and running. Her fist was clenched around some sort of paper. "Come in, come in." The girl ushered the girl in, walking her to the couch that sat in her loft. Sniffles were heard from the usually confident female.

"Hey, hey, whatever it is, it'll be okay." She ran her hand up and down the opposing females back.

"He's gone. They're both gone. All they left us was this stupid note." Golden Glider choked out, throwing the paper she had been clenching onto. Ayana's eyebrows knit together, reaching for the crumbled paper. She furrowed her eyebrows at the note.

"Time travel with a guy from the future?" She asked perplexed. Lisa scoffed.

"To save the world from some guy named Vandal Savage." Confusion flooded the Allen girl.

"Leonard Snart and Mick Rory, the notorious criminals, are going to travel through time playing hero?" Something didn't seem right to her. Lisa wiped her hand against her cheeks, letting out a cold laugh.

"It's crazy! What are they thinking?" Ayana could sympathize. Her brother went out every day risking his life as The Flash, not that she could tell the distraught woman this. Lisa's ice colored eyes met Ayana's cobalt.

"I knew Lenny marked, I just didn't know who until I read that letter," Lisa said, her eyes lingering on the paper Ayana's left hand.

Ayana sighed, looking at her soulmates sister

Ayana sighed, looking at her soulmates sister. Putting aside her pride, Ayana wrapped her arms around the woman, pulling her into a tight embrace. Sadness filled her as the woman sobbed against her shoulder.

'What were you thinking Leonard?" The girl thought, releasing a sigh. It took a good half hour for Lisa to calm down, but Ayana was okay with that. She understood the bond a brother and sister had.

"Lisa, just out of curiosity, how did you know where I lived?" Ayana asked she had gotten Lisa and herself each a glass of tea. A small smile graced the cobalt-eyed girl's face as she saw pink splash across the Snart's face.

"Cisco is easy to manipulate." A laugh burst through Ayana's lips.

"You can't give that guy a break can you?" She giggled. Lisa shrugged her shoulders innocently.

"You aren't too bad Snart," Ayana admitted, with a genuine smile.

"I'm human, Ayana. Everyone has their own way of making ends meet. You make a living protecting, I make mine by stealing. It's survival." The youngest Allen nodded in understanding. She didn't resent Lisa for the career path she had chosen. She couldn't, not with the past she had.

"Did Mick leave Eve a letter too or was that one supposed to be for both of you?" She was hesitant in asking, but worry for her best friend flooded her veins. Lisa shook her head.

"Lenny was always the brain, Mick although not as dumb as he makes people believe, was never good with words." Ayana sighed, eyeing her phone.

"I hate to rush you out, but I need to run to the store." She set her tea on the table, pushing herself onto her feet. Lisa followed in suit, the two females walking out side by side.

"Motorcycle, eh?" A smirk adorned the youngest Allen's face.

"Fitting isn't it?" A chuckle escaped both girls.

"Take care of yourself, Lisa. He may be irrational, but you're all your brother has."

"He has you too," Ayana froze midturn, "Fear has favorites. Don't let one of them be you," and she was gone. She released the breath she was holding, slowly making her way towards the mini-mart a few blocks away.

"Eve? Hey," She said into the phone, her eyes scanning over the ice cream selections in front of her.

"A?" Her heart broke at the sadness her best friend's voice held.

"Yeah, I was thinking we could have a girls night? Like we used to?" She took two pints of ice cream from the freezer: chocolate and strawberry.

"That's the best thing I've heard all day, I'll be there in thirty." The phone call ended. Ayana sighed sadly, Evelyn had always understood her bond with Barry because she shared the same bond with Mick. Mick was the only family Evelyn had. Their family had died in a house fire when Eve was just a baby, she didn't get the opportunity to know her parents like Ayana did. The A.R.G.U.S Agent paid for the sweet treats and headed home, arriving just as Evelyn went to knock on her door.

"Looks like you beat me E," Ayana said her small smile, turning to a frown at her friend's puffy eyes.

"Come on, I have a pint of strawberry ice cream that's calling your name."