Ch. 36

"What are you doing Gideon?" Leonard drawled, rolling his eyes as the system continued firing.

"Just a warning shot to let them know we mean business." The A.I. responds.

"May I remind you, my pregnant wife is on this ship?" Leonard growls, frustrated with the A.I's incompetence.

"Len, I'm fine," He gave her a look, "We're fine." She emphasized.

"My partners on that ship," Worry clouded Ayana's mind.

"Evie will kill me, if Mick dies on my watch."

"Who's Evie?" Kendra asked.

"Mick's sister." Leonard and Ayana responded in unison.

"There two of him?" Ray shuttered.

"Watch it," The duo warned, protective of their respective best friends.

"There's a hull breach in the aft portion of the ship, and the pirates have taken out the telemetry controls." Gideon informed.

"Gideon, switch to manual." Ray ordered, switching from his seat to the Captain's seat.

"What are you doing?" Kendra asked, leaving her own seat.

"If this is anything like a video game, flying a space ship." Ray answered.

"Where are you guys going?" Kendra asked the three remaining memebers.

"To deal with the hole in the ship." Ayana stated, Sara and Leonard following closely behind.

"Make sure Picard here doesn't get us all killed." Leonard spat.

"Actually, I'm more like Sulu right now. Or Han Solo!" Ayana rolled her eyes.

Leonard looked over his shoulder, watching Ayana carefully.

"Len, I'm fine," He was beginning to get on her nerves with his protectiveness. She was pregnant not handicapped.

"Stop worrying about me," She snapped, "I can handle myself."

Leonard opened his mouth to respond, before stopping himself. He really shouldn't be arguing with her while pregnant. Instead he changed the subject, "Let's just fix this hole so that we can get back to the bridge."

The three filed into the hull, "Here!" Leonard called as he started neutralizing the breach with the absolute zero blast.

"Sara there should be a control panel outside the door," Ayana directed, "It should monitor the breech."

Sara nodded, pushing herself off the wall, heading outside.

"How long can you keep that up for?" Ayana asked, glancing back at Sara, then back to Leonard.

"Not long," He told her honestly, "I'm gonna run out of charge."

"Remind me to find another energy source to power the cold gun," She shook her head, "A gun that runs off of a battery."

"It was your friend that made it," He reminded.

"I never said Cisco was perfect."

"Can we focus on containing that breach, instead of bickering over a gun." Sara interrupted.

"Alright, alright," Leonard agreed, then the cold gun powered down.

"Be advised, the breach is only partially contained." Gideon informed as Ayana and Leonard made their way towards the exit.

Just as they were about to step through, the doors closed. "At least we know the bulkhead doors are working." Leonard commented.

"Too bad were on the wrong side of them." Ayana glance through the window, seeing Sara typing into the panel trying to open the door. Ray and Kendra running up behind her.