4.

Vote, share and comment. Happy reading ahead!

"I don't want to study." Kritika groaned in annoyance. But instantly shut herself up when she saw Mehak glaring at her. No matter how sweet mother Mehak was, she didn't scold her daughter too much but she was strict for her studies .

"Just draw slanting lines, I promise I will give you a chocolate." She bribed her daughter.

Kritika's eyes beamed in happiness when she heard the word chocolate and without wasting a second she concentrated on her work making Mehak sigh.

Teaching Kritika was not an easy job.

"Khamba Gani Hukum." An attendee approached Mehak when she stepped out of her room.

Mehak smiled in response.

"Shivani Ma'am has come to meet you." Her smile instantly vanished when she heard Shivani 's name. When the attendee sensed Mehak's discomfort she quietly left from there.

Why was she here?

This question kept on nagging Mehak as she walked towards the hall of the palace.

While passing by Shourya's study she stilled at the front of the entrance of the study. And she remembered the day Shourya had to leave for Germany and she had heard the conversation between Shourya and Shamsher Thakur.

"Shourya please consider it a little beta, I am not asking you to divorce your wife or leave your kids. As a father I am worried about my daughter and grandson. I don't trust anyone except you." Shamsher spoke.

"Uncle, you can ask anything from. I can sponsor Nikhil's education and I have promised to be his godfather. But sorry uncle, I have two kids and Mehak is their mother. I cannot even think of hurting them.  I can't accept this offer of yours." Shourya answered him.

"I can understand you Shourya. Okay, fine you can take your time to think. And please reconsider your decision. I really hope you will get closer to Shivani and Nikhil during this trip. Don't love her, but at least after she gets married to you, I will be content that she is in safe hands. That's my last wish before I die."

That day , Mehak felt like killing herself , but how could she? She has to live for her kids. If she would have died , then surely Shourya would have married Shivani and then what would have happened to her kids?

She closed her eyes frustratingly at her thoughts and made her way towards the hall. 

Shivani was tapping her hands on the sofa when Mehak came and sat in front of her.

"Hii." Shivani greeted her with a smile and Mehak just nodded her head. She just wanted to go away from there as soon as possible.

"I said hi."

"And I nodded." Mehak snapped back at her unintentionally. She was hating Shivani 's presence more and more .

"On periods? Why are you so much cranky?" Shivani showed fake concern.

"Come to the point Shivani. Why are you here?" Mehak directly asked her.

"Nothing, I wanted to meet Shourya and when I came her I got to know that he had already left for office." She answered and Mehak kept on looking at her, waiting for her to speak further.

"What? Has my mascars smudged?" Shivani asked.

"Anything else?" Mehak ignored her nonsense.

"I thought we can talk." Shivani said.

"But I don't want to talk." Mehak said and was about to stand up when Shivani stopped her.

"Mehak, we need to talk. It concerns both of us?" Shivani stood up and sat next to Mehak.