3.

"Where did it go?" Karishma groaned in annoyance and suddenly her eyes fell on the couch and she took a breath of relief. It was Sunday and she thought of completing her practical further.

She took a few steps towards the couch and picked up the file but to her annoyance it was Kartik's, not hers.

'Then, where is my file?" She asked herself and then decided to call Kartik and inform him about his practical file.

Kartik was impatiently waiting for Karishma's phone call. He had deliberately exchanged their practical files because he wanted to meet her again.

Why was he doing all this?

He himself was unsure. But he felt nice when he was near her.

He took a breath of relief when he saw her missed call and dialled her number back. Karishma was sitting with a pout on her lips and was annoyed because Kartik didn't receive her call. Her face lit up when she saw him calling her back.

"Kartik I think you took my practical file instead of yours by mistake."

"Wait, let me check." He bit his lips while holding her file in his hand and said "Yeah, it's with me. I am sorry."

"Can you please get it back to me or tell me your address I will get it?" She asked him.

"I am little busy, but you can come at my place and get your file. I will watsapp you my address." He wanted her to visit his penthouse.

"Ok."

That's what she replied and cut the call.

♡♡

Karishma stepped out of the auto and stood in front of one of the most expensive buildings in the whole city. She felt a little odd while entering inside and she walked towards the elevator slowly.

But to her dismay she bumped into Zara, who also lived in the same building. Zara passed her an annoyed look and said,"You called you here, dirt bag."

"Shut up or else I will break your nose Miss. Kaushik." Karishma's hold on her bag tightened and Zara spoke ,"I think Kartik got bored of other girls, that's why he called you here to warm his bed."

"Shut up Zara." Karishma was relieved to see Kartik. He was standing near his personal elevator and soon approached them.

"I told you to not poke your nose in my matters. Go away from here before I say something that you might regret." Kartik tightly held Karishma's hand in his, giving her a sense of security and relief.

Zara glared at their joined hands and left from there. She was angry as a bull.

"Don't mind her." Kartik pulled Karishma along with him in his private elevator.

Karishma was in awe when she saw Kartik's luxurious penthouse. But what she did not like was it's colour. Because it was black.

"Here's coffee." She settled beside Kartik on the couch and sipped her coffee. Many questions were roaming in her mind but she kept quiet.

"My file." Karishma broke the awkward silence between them and Kartik nodded. He stood up and went to his room. Till then she decided to see out from the window.

But her steps halted when she saw the same lady's picture handing on the wall. Again her mind was occupied with lot of thoughts.

"Hey." She stumbled a bit in surprise when Kartik called her and she lost her balance. Kartik immediately held her hand and both of them fell down on the couch. Kartik was on the top.

He was looking at her intently and held a strong eye contact. He gently tucked her hair strand behind her ear and pecked her nose. Slowly his lips descended towrads hers and he locked their lips.