7.

Unedited!!

After two those two hours of pain,regret, tension and fear everyone took a breath of relief when doctors informed them that Rayan is fine and out of danger.
Azaan and Ibrahim sat in front of Abeer and tried to apologize but Abeer held their hands and whispered,"Azaan Bhai Ibrahim Bhai you both are not at mistake. It was Rayan's mistake. Who told him to drink that much in anger and pain. He should have not done that. I will scold him a lot. Let him wake up."

She broke down and Azaan hugged her. After few minutes nurse came out and said,"You can meet him but only one person. Because he is still unconscious and we won't allow many people near him."

"Abeer go and meet him." Raziya patted her arm and Abeer took small steps while nodding. She was angry at Rayan. She wanted to scold him, she wanted to hit him and shout at him for pulling out nonsense act. She sat beside him on the bed and looked at white bandages covering his arm and forehead. Tears spilled out of her eyes and she held his hand tightly in hers. 

She slowly caressed his forehead and kissed his cheek.

"Is it paining?"She slowly asked him and kept her ear on his chest, listening his heartbeat slowly. A heartbeat echoing the delicate balance between physical recovery and emotional echos. Having a silent conversation between life's persistence and the fragility of the moment. She knew that his heart was beating and craving for peace. She knew he needed her most when she was forced to leave him.

°°

Abeer stirred when she felt someone caressing her head. She raised her head and saw Rayan looking at the ceiling and his hands caressing her head. He was lost in his thoughts and failed to notice Abeer was awake.

"Rayan" Her whisper brought a small smile on his face and he slowly looked down at her and she corrected her clothes. She sat near him and he tightly held her hand in his and caressed it with his thumb. Her eyes again filled with tears and Rayan gently wiped a tear that escaped from her eye.

"No." He shook his head and she broke down. Rayan pulled her towards him and she carefully hugged him, not to hurt him.

"You are very bad." She complained in a baby tone making him chuckle and he slowly whispered," I know I am bad, actually I am worse."

She lightly detached herself from him and stared at his handsome wounded face. All she wanted to do was to punch his handsome face hard.

"You can." He shrugged his shoulders and held her arm pulling her towards him.

"What?"

"Punch my handsome face."

"Did I express it loudly?" She asked him, all flustered. He bit his lip to control himself from laughing. "Leave it, first tell me did you eat something?" He inquired.

"I didn't."

"Abeer." He narrowed his eyes at her. She twisted her lips and she returned him his gesture with a deadly glare. She looked away from him and scrutinized the room.

"Where are everyone?" She asked him and he replied," They went back. Ammi will come back with lunch."

She nodded and said," Now you will tell me what happened? Everything."

The empathize she put on word 'everything', made him sure that she will not back off. He sighed and narrated everything.

Abeer was not feeling angry but upset. 

"I never expected this from you." Rayan closed his eyes when her words fell in his ears. They kinda hurt him. He knew that she was correct but at that time he was not in his senses. He had thought that he would take her to his penthouse.  He wanted to show her their personal place and wanted her to decorate it according to her choice.