8.

I listened to the Diwani song on repeat while writing this chapter. I tried my level best to give you something nice.

Not claiming that it is perfect but it is natural and beautiful. Happy reading ahead and don't forget to read the note in end.

His heartbeat stopped for a moment when he saw Mehak holding a knife in her hands and was slowly proceeding it towards her wrist. 

Shourya took a few swift steps and snatched away the knife from her. Mehak was surprised. She gulped for a second and forgot to breath. Tears blurred her vision and she visibly shivered when a gust of wind knocked over and crossed her arms over her chest.

Shourya was looking at the knife in his hands, which was having stains of Mehak's blood. His heart was thumping hard and only one thought was roaming in his mind that what if he would have been late for a minute.

One minute.

That minute would have taken away his Mehak from him. That one minute would have destroyed everything. What would have happened with him and his kids? Everything would have shattered. Even his vision started watering.

His mind got diverted when he felt droplets of water over him. He looked up and and saw that not even a single star was visible. Dark and black clouds were covering moons and stars and rain was predicted to start anytime soon.

"Kyu?" He looked at his wife, he closed his eyes to control his tears.

(Why?)

"What happened?" This time he lost and he broke down. He threw the knife away and looked at the other side and wiped his face.

"Shourya." Mehak touched his back and he hummed.

"I...."

"What Mehak? What and why?" He looked at her and cupped her face. She closed her eyes when she saw those tears. He had always been strong for everyone. He never let anyone see his vulnerability. Even when his father died.

"I am tired Shourya." She broke down and hugged him. She wanted to die because she was tired.

"Mehak what have happened to our kids if ...." His sentence halted when Mehak flinched due to loud thundering.
He took of his jacket and made her wear it.

"I need to listen everything Mehak." She shook her head and said ,"Infact I want to listen to everything from your side. Please."

"At least you should have thought about our kids before taking this drastic step."

"I am sorry. I became selfish." She replied while sobbing. She knew that her thoughts were wrong.

"Suicide is not an option." He kissed her head.

"Forget about me, tell me everything Mehak." He continued.

" Shourya Shivani has really made my life a living hell. She says that I am between you and her. You are made for her not me. I have no grudges against Nikhil, but then what about my kids? You are their biological father and... I know but do you know Shiv jiju was very nice. I met him before his accident and he was excitedly planning for Nikhil 's first birthday and he even knew that Shivani was not in love with him and for his kid he was ready to accept everything and you know what he even loved Shivani a lot.

Shivani always mind washed you that Shiv jiju was not good with her and was abusive. She was manipulating you and with your help she took over the business. Her younger sister told me about all this. Shivani has always liked you and she is obsessed over you and she even claims that she loves you and I thought you were also into her... You never talked much with me and I thought that Shivani was right, you are not happy with me.

She..."

Mehak chocked and was not able to continue. She licked her lips and Shourya's next words made her restless.

"I was worng Mehak. I thought you trust me. I thought that you knew what kind of man I am. But Mehak you proved me wrong." Her words were hurting him.

"I have always loved you Mehak. My eyes were always on you. No one else." He confessed. He finally confessed that he loved her.

"I know I am at mistake here because I never communicated much. I never expressed myself. I never displayed my emotions but what about my actions Mehak? Actions are bolder than words."
He finally expressed himself.

"Shourya.."

"Let me complete Mehak. I have loved you since years. I fell for you even before our marriage. I fell in love with you when I was twenty. I fell for you when I saw you for the first time. I fell for you even before I knew who you were. I saw for the first time I was crowned yuvraj. I saw you from our room itself. You were on a phone call." He finally told her.

"I am really sensitive Shourya. Small things always hurt me. Your nature did hurt me." She said and looked down.

"I am sorry for that. I am really sorry. But you could have taken the first step. You could have tried, rather than getting tired." He reasoned and she hugged him tightly and apologized,"Even I am sorry. Sorry Shourya, I am really sorry."

He caressed her back and kissed her head and said ,"Let's go down."

"Can we stay here for sometime?" She insisted and he agreed but still that small smile on his face was missing. A smile she wanted to see.

"I will do something about Shivani. Don't worry she won't interfere again. Let me contact my..."

"Don't. Please, her son needs her. He is really young, Let's give her a chance." She cut him in between and that's what brought that small and cute smile back on his face. 

"You are so considerate." He pinched her nose and kissed her forehead. Both of them stood on the terrace and small drops of water kept on falling down at them.

Mehak was beyond happy when he expressed his love for her.

"You know even I have loved you since I was fifteen. I was having a very strong crush on you and you were my first and last crush. My first but not last love." She tried teasing him.

"Who is your last love?" He gave her an offensive eye and she giggled making his heart flutter.

"My kids." She pouted and he pecked her pout.

"I know." He nodded and smiled.

They stood there for some time and Shourya suggested that they should return back. But before going back he glanced at the knife which was laying down on the tiles of terrace. Fear gripped his heart he again felt like crying.

His Mehak was having thoughts of leaving him. But he picked the knife and  discarded it in the dustin kept over there.

He smiled and pecked Mehak's forehead. Both of went down to start their new beginnings. Learning from there past mistakes and start a new journey together. They realised their mistakes and promised a better and a new start to each other.

•°°°°-----------°°°°•
I know this was a short chapter and next chapter is also going to be short. And the epilogue will also be 1000+ words only.

Let me know about your thoughts because I know you all were expecting Mehak to commit suicide. I never wanted her to hurt herself physically, because she had endured a lot of pain mentally. Let's see what do you all think this.
------------------------------------------------------------