1.

"Wake up sleepy head." Rini threw a pillow on her younger brother as she entered inside his bedroom. Kartik groaned in annoyance and pulled the comforter over himself and she huffed.

"Come on Kartik. Why are you acting like a brat?" She balanced herself over his back and Kartik felt like someone was choking him. He turned a bit and Rini fell down on bed.

She kicked his legs while rubbing her back and he rolled his eyes. She smacked his head and said ,"Yaar dad is in bad mood. Please don't get late for the breakfast..."

"I have not taken any responsibility of Mr. Garg's mood." He declared and Rini sighed when she saw him ignoring her and she continued,"Okay but still don't get late for breakfast."

He nodded and she left his room. She gulped down the lump in her throat and with small steps made her way down.

"Good morning dad." She smiled a little when she saw her dad reading newspaper and was sitting with her grandmother.

Suresh Garg looked up and nodded at her without any smile and asked her ,"Where is Kartik?"

Rini looked at her grandmother who was shaking her and she said ,"Dad he is in washroom. He is coming soon." And settled beside her grandmother.

"Your children have no manners left Suresh. She wished you but see she ignored me." Lalita Garg laughed at her own words and Rini's eyes widened at her dadi's accusations and she said ,"Dadi I wished you in the morning."

"See now she is saying that I am lying." Lalita Garg made a sad face and Suresh, who was already in bad mood scolded his daughter,"You have no manners left..."

"Yeah sure, because you forgot to taught us." Kartik said while he jogged down from the stairs. He folded the sleeves of his black shirt and gave his father a tight lipped smile. He dragged the chair opposite to his father's and the servants served him his breakfast.

"Manners Kartik." Whole environment of the dinning hall was tensed and even servants were almost shivering because they were scared. All they hoped was that Kartik would keep quiet and won't interrupt his father.

Kartik was carelessly having his breakfast and Rini was glaring at him. She had asked him to control his mood swings. She kicked his legs but he ignored the heat of the moment.

"Apologize." Kartik stopped on his tracks when his father's words fell in his ears and slowly he looked back.

Suresh Garg was boring holes at his son while he still sat on the chair of the dinning table.

Kartik carelessly tossed his black bad in air and said ,"In your dreams Mr. Garg."

And left from there.

"She is the one who is teaching him to do all these nonsense acts and turning him into a brat." Rini's eyes filled with tears as her grandmother bad mouthed her. Meanwhile Kartik retuend back because he forgot his car's keys heard everything.

His blood boiled in anger and he marched towards his sister and stood in front of his grandmother, shielding his sister. He had promised his mother that he will always protect her.

"One more word Mrs. Garg. I swear I will forget each and every name sake relationship we all share." He pointed his index finger at his grandmother, whose mouth opened wide.

He rolled his eyes at her drama and pulled his sister along with him, ignoring his father's warnings.

"Don't cry." He wiped Rini's tears and continued,"I will drop you at jiju's office dude and will pick you up while returning. Just a month more Rii then you will go to a better place than here."