2.

"Mayra." Abeer ran behind her three years old niece, her Azaan bhai's and Saima bhabhi's daughter. It was Sehmat's Nikkah and Ruksati function. Abeer had saved herself from Rayan's eyes from time to time. At first she was not even ready to attend Sehmat's wedding but she knew she had to. But she had successfully ditched Mehendi and Haldi function, making a perfect excuse of period pain, but her Bhabhis understood everything and brought her to attend the function.

"Phuphi Ice cream." Mayra said and Abeer bent down till her level to correct her dress.

"Your abbu will surely kill me if I let you eat ice cream again." Abeer said and adjusted her niece's pink sharara which was similar to hers. Mayra showed Abeer her puppy and innocent eyes with pout on her lips making Abeer's heart melt.

Abeer nodded and checked her surroundings to make sure that her elder brother was not present there. She held Mayra's hand and guided her towards the ice cream corner. But her steps halted when she saw that particular person standing almost near the corner.

Rayan was talking with his business partner and was standing near an ice cream stall. The last month had been hard for him and today's day was most difficult. He knew that he had to let Sehmat go away from his life forever. She was Saif's not his.

He had concealed his emotions behind his smile and tried his best to act happy. His mother had counselled him a lot and told him to let go of the past and plan his future with Abeer. But he knew that was very difficult. He would need a lot of time for that or he might never be able to love Abeer and be her perfect life partner.

"Rayan Chachu." Mayra shouted all of the sudden and Abeer instantly covered her mouth with the back of her hand. But it was too late and Mayra was successful in gaining Rayan's attention.

He looked at her and saw her standing with Abeer. He smiled and opened his arms a little indicating her to come towards him. Mayra freed her hand from Abeer's grip and ran towards Rayan and he picked her in his arms.

Mayra indicated towards ice cream and he chuckled a bit when he understood her. He walked towards the ice cream counter and got her an ice cream.

Abeer turned and slowly walked away from them. She had tightly held her pendant in her fingers. Rayan was looking very handsome and Abeer was just staring at him. When she realised what she was doing she tried to escape from there. But to her dismay, Zoya aapi caught her arm.

"Where are you going?" She asked Abeer and Abeer closed her eyes and asked God,'why me.'
"Aapi let's go and meet Saif jiju." Abeer tried to act confidently.

"Let's meet your would be Shohar first." Abeer saw that naughty glint in Zoya's eyes. "Vo aapi, Ammi was calling me." Abeer tried to excuse herself.

Zoya understood her and said," I will tell her that you and Mayra were with me and Rayan, she will be okay with that. Don't worry."

Zoya pulled her towards Rayan's direction and Abeer was almost on the verge of breaking down. She didn't want to meet him.

Rayan had caught her running away from him and he was even fine with that. Even he didn't want to face her. But when he saw his Zoya aapi with Abeer he knew she would surely make her meet him.

"Mayruuu Mera bachcha come to me." Zoya took Mayra in her arms from Rayan. He glanced at Abeer's direction and she was avoiding eye contact with him and he was totally okay with that.

"Zoya aapi let's go and meet Saif jiju." Abeer said and peeked a little at Rayan's direction, who was already looking at her. She quickly averted her gaze and mentally face palmed herself. Zoya understood her restlessness and gave in. She along with Abeer left from there not before winking at her brother.