speak or die?

"Sorry about Redwing." Bucky said as the trio walked down a road surrounded by fields, they were literally in the middle of nowhere.

"No, you're not." Sam shot back as Maia twiddled a knife around her fingers. "What's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?"

"It's computing." Bucky replied making Sam chuckle.

"You know what? I can actually see it. I can see the gears turning." Sam joked. "Oh, they're malfunctioning, shutting down. Yep, they're on fire."

"We gotta figure out where the serum's coming from." Bucky stated, clearly not having a good time.

"I don't give a fuck about the serum." Maia chimed in. "I think we should kill John."

"No, he could be useful." Sam responded.

"A useful punching bag." Maia muttered under her breath making Bucky smirk slightly.

"How in the hell after 80 years are there eight Super Soldiers runnin' loose?" Sam questioned as a car pulled up next to them.

Maia immediately stopped playing with her knife and gripped the handle when she saw who it was.  "So that didn't go as planned, huh?" John said earning a glare from Maia and Bucky as he opened the door so they could get into the car, the trio kept walking but John kept driving.

"Look, at least we know what we're up against, huh?" He tired to lighten the mood. "And we're pretty sure it's one of the Big Three, so..."

"Aliens, android, or wizards?" Sam questioned, a hit of joy in his voice.

"Pretty sure." John replied.

"There's no such thing as wizards." Maia stated, her grip on her knife tightening.

"Then it's aliens, or androids..." John responded as Bucky put his arm around Maia, in hopes that would stop her from ripping John Walkers face off.

"Or Super Soldiers." Sam shot back.

"Shit. Super Soldiers, for real?" A man who Maia wasn't familiar with questioned, he had a vest on with the name 'Hoskins' velcroed to the front.

"Yeah." Sam replied, clearly not wanting to be the one leading the conversation with John Walker and Hoskins.

"Wow. Alright, well, then we gotta work together." John stated making Maia immediately look over to Bucky, silently saying 'I will actually decapitate him'.

"That's not happening." Bucky unwilling spoke up for Maia.

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just-" John was cut off by Bucky.

"Just cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America."

"Look, I've done the work, okay?" John arrogantly said, Maia bit her tongue to stop herself from screaming at John.

"You ever jump on top of a grenade?" Bucky questioned.

"Yeah. Actually, I have." John flexed. "Four times. It's a thing I do with my helmet. It's a reinforced helmet. It's a longer story, but, any...Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride." John reopened the door and told his driver to stop. "Get in."

❀•°❀°•❀

Bucky was now sat in between Sam and Maia while the girl glared at John, it was clear the blonde man was very uncomfortable with the fact Maia looked as if she was about to skin him alive.

"Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?" John stated.

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip." Sam replied as Bucky looked over to Maia, he had never seen her look so angry. "Maybe they're just trying to help."