Free

TW self harm, implied mention of rape

"You should know, Baron. People don't just come into my bar and make demands." Selby stated as the four entered her 'office'.

"Not a demand." Zemo assured her. "An offer."

"A lot has changed since you were here last." Selby warned him as she eyed the blood covered brunette woman next to the 'Smiling Tiger', it wasn't flirtatious, it was almost a threat. "By the way, I thought you were rotting away in a German prison. How did you escape?"

"People like us always find a way, don't we?" Zemo shrugged. "I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for."

"You're taller than I'd heard, Smiling Tiger." Selby pointed to Sam.

Sam gave her a short nod making her purr at him. "What's the offer?" Selby smiled, turning her attention back to Zemo.

"Tell us what you know about the Super-Soldier serum." Zemo stated as he stood up and walked over to Maia, he placed his hand on her shoulder and it took everything in Maia not to spark Zemo in his jaw. "And I give you her, along with her file, of course. She will do anything you want."

"Now that's the Zemo I remember." Selby chuckled. "I'm glad I decided not to kill your immediately. Yeah, you were right to come to me. Arrogant, but right." Zemo sat back down. "The Super-Soldier serum is here in Madripoor. Dr Wilfred Nagel is the man you want to thank. Or...condemn, depending on what's side of this you're on."

Maia's expression faltered at the surname 'Nagel'. Fortunately for her, Selby wasn't looking at her, but unfortunately Sam was. She quickly changed her expression back to the cold, emotionless one it was before.

"The Power Broke had him working on the serum, but...things didn't go as planned." Selby vaguely explained, sending a sickening smirk to Maia.

"Is Nagel still in Madripoor?" Zemo asked.

"Oh." Selby cooed. "The bread crumbs you can have for free, but the bakery is gonna cost you, Baron. And before you get all cute, don't think you can find Nagel without me."

Maia scoffed before storming over to Selby, grabbing her by the neck and aggressively pressing her against the wall. Her guards immediately had their guns pointed at Maia but she used her (very weak) telekinetic abilities to disarm them.

"Where is Nagel?" She spat through her teeth, ignoring all the fighting going on behind her.

"Ah, you do remember." Selby breathlessly chuckled. "Liam was always the defective brother but when he lost his only family in The Blip...let's just say you helped carry on his brothers research."

Maia's grip tightened on the woman's neck, telling her to keep talking. "Liam drugged you and took you blood, stored it until his brother came back. You're the reason-"

Maia cut her off by smashing the woman's head against the wall, effectively making Selby's brains spill out her skull as her body fell to the floor. She turned around to see Selby's guards on the floor and the three men looking at her in disbelief.

"What the fuck was that?" Sam angrily whispered yelled.

"We have to get out of here, like yesterday." Maia stated, and to her surprise Zemo agreed.