Cool About It

TW: mention of self harm

Bucky, Maia and Sam were now sitting on the jet in silence. Sam was lying down, Bucky was sitting on a box while Maia sat on the floor, out of eye shot from both of them, trying her hardest not to burst into tears.

"You alright?" Sam asked Bucky.

"Let's take the shield, Sam." The man replied, he already knew Maia would be 100% on board with the plan. "Let's take the shield and do this ourselves."

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up, and take it." Sam stated before sitting up. "Do you remember what happened last time we stole it?"

"Maybe." Bucky sighed.

"I'll help you in case you forgot. Sharon was branded enemy of the state, and Steve and I were on the run for two years. I don't know about you but I don't wanna live the rest of my life la vida loca. We just got our ass handed to us by Super Soldiers, and we got nothing." Sam said.

"Not entirely true." Bucky responded before getting off the box he was sitting on and sitting down next to Sam. "There is someone that you should meet."

❀•°❀°•❀

The three were now in Baltimore Maryland, Maia was still in her head and hadn't said a word to anyone since they got back on the jet.

"Hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?" A kid smiled once he saw Sam.

"It's just Falcon, kid." Sam replied.

"No, no. My daddy told me it's Black Falcon." The kid disagreed, Sam stopped to talk to the kids but Bucky and Maia kept on walking.

They walked up the steps that lead to a house. Bucky hesitated to knock on the door but did it anyway was Maia looked around. They were in a poor neighborhood but from what she could see the people were friendly.

A couple seconds later the door opened to reveal a teenage boy. "We're here to see Isaiah." Bucky told him.

"Nobody named Isaiah live here." The boy replied, obviously lying.

"Look, we just want to talk to him." Bucky sighed.

Eventually the teen boy went to go see if Isaiah was up for visitors. "I'm not gonna come in, I'm just gonna wait here." Maia said as she sat down on the steps, she hadn't eaten for quite a while and was starting to feel lightheaded.

"You look really pale, are you feeling okay?" Sam asked as he tried to place the back of his hand on Maia's forehead but she immediately pushed it away.

"I'm fine." She lied.

"Sure you are." Sam sarcastically stated as the door to the house was opened by the teen boy.

Sam gave Maia one last glance before hesitantly following Bucky into the house. It was clear to both men Maia was the opposite of okay, Bucky knew not to push but Sam used to be able to get anything out of Maia, it was a foreign concept to him that Maia didn't like being coddled by him anymore.

Maia held her head in her hands and tried to ignore the painful emptiness she felt in her stomach as she forced herself to keep breathing.

"You're fucking fine." She muttered to herself with tears in her eyes.

After a few minutes her phone started ringing, it was Maria. Maia thumb hovered above the green button but she made the decision to decline the call, knowing Maria would ask how Sky's doing.