Chapter 8

Caesar

After spending a night in the hospital, the doctor came in the morning and did Igor's checkup...
"Mr.Smirnov, you are fit to go back home. For a few days, you'll feel dizzy but otherwise everything is fine. And just make sure you change your bandages from time to time" and he left.
"I'll just do some paper work, then we can leave" he nodded. I went to finish his discharge papers when Akim called me...
"Boss, we did a thorough check but no one found it to be suspected".
"Sure?"
"Yes boss". 'How the hell can it happen? Igor was so confident about it' I was confused about this whole thing and thought maybe something is missing but tried to look into it afterwards.

Now Igor is back home, mom-dad, Alexei and other members welcomed him wholeheartedly. It's been 4 hours since he was taking a rest and I am just cooped up into my office...
"Only you two are the ones who I can trust, right now" Akim and Artur were listening carefully.
"I want you both to keep watch on every member and if there is anything suspicious tell me right away, got it?"
"Yes boss".
"And Akim, I also want you to look for Rodion's men as soon as possible...I really want to put an end to his life" I spoke through gritted teeth.

When I entered in the room, I saw mom feeding soup to Igor...
"Good, you have come" Mom turned and smiled at me.
"Igor already had soup, so can you just help him with bandages?"
"N-No Rose, it's fine" Igor immediately said.
"Son it's time to change your bandages. So, let Caesar help you" She said firmly and I nodded. Then she left after giving a kiss on Igor's forehead.
"I'll get the things" and walked fast towards bathroom. 'Fuck, how will I do this? It'll be so awkward. We both haven't even talked about it, shit... Ok, ok, calm down. You are a fucking mafia, just relax' I was trying to compose myself while looking into the mirror.

After a few minutes, I went back.  I slowly went to him and sat next to him. As soon as I started changing his bandages, he looked directly into my eyes and it felt as if time had stopped. We both were just stuck in that moment but came out when the alarm sound was heard indicating his medicine time.
"Ugh-ugh" I cleared my throat and stood up fast to get his medicine. His eyes were on me the whole time I was fetching his medicines, it was like he was scanning my every move.
"Here" I gave him the medicines and then went back changing his bandages. Lastly, I pulled up his shirt hesitantly and started changing his bandage but as soon as my fingers touched his skin, he took a deep breath as if he got a shock.
"A-Are you ok?" He nodded and relaxed. Every time my fingers touched his skin, it became difficult for me to move forward. But at last I finished it.

Igor

Since my arrival, I have been trying to talk to Caesar but he started ignoring me.  As soon as I reached my room, I took some rest and then woke up, seeing Rose with soup for me. She fed me after so long, that was a precious moment for me. We both talked about different things, she scolded me also and threatened to not go alone anywhere from now. We were so engrossed in our talk that we didn't notice Caesar's presence. He was just standing near the door with his hands crossed.

When he started changing my bandages, the feeling that erupted in me was so foreign that I didn't know how to react. His touch sent shivers down my spine,  filling me with a sense of warmth and comfort, but it soon disappeared...
"Done" he stood up and went to keep things. At that moment I relaxed and encouraged myself to talk to him...
"Do you need anything?"
"No... Uh, Caez. I-I... " somebody interrupted by knocking on the door. He opened it and Akim was standing there. He whispered something to him...
"Take rest, I need to finish some work" and he left.
"Aaaa, why the hell can't I just say it?" His fists clenched by his sides and eyes close.
"Ok, ok... I can say, there is no big deal. We both just have to talk, right" He took deep breaths and calmed himself.
He waited for Caesar to come back but he didn't come for a few hours and Igor slept while waiting for him.