Chapter 23 (Part 2)

Igor

My head was hurting as if someone threw a ton of bricks on it. I tried to move my body but every moment made it very difficult. So, I just stopped trying and laid there with my eyes closed. After a few minutes, I heard a few voices and tried to make out their conversation.
"What should we do with him?" Someone said.
"Let the boss come, then we'll see" The other person said and at that minute the sound of the door opening was heard.

"What the hell?" Someone yelled in a quiet place making my head more hurt.
"Are you fucking crazy Rodion?... Th-This was not the plan" That person was continuously yelling.
"But it's just for fun" Rodion's voice came into my ears.
"FUN? Does this look like a fucking fun to you... you idiot" This time I tried to focus on the person's voice because I had a feeling that I have heard it somewhere before.
"Oh pls, as if you don't want to take revenge from them also" Rodion said in his usual carefree attitude.
"Yes, I do need revenge but not like this... Do you fucking even realize that if Caesar sees him like this we'll be dead before reaching our main PLAN" Victor- Fucking shit, I remembered his voice.

Victor! But why? how? My mind froze the minute I realized who is standing just few feet away from with the our biggest enemy.
"The plan was to ONLY destroy Caesar's warehouse and not this, you asshole" I again heard Victor's frustration.
"I saw him off guard and I was not able to control myself, simple" Rodion responded casually.
"Aaaa, I don't know what the hell to do with you... Ok, I want him back in Mikahilov mansion in next one hour and I fucking don't know how you do it" He ordered and left after getting a response from him.

Next minute, the room was eerily quiet again. And my eyes started getting heavy, making it difficult for me to be awake.
The next second when my eyes opened, I was in hospital. So, after getting discharge I immediately started working on my plan.

On my first day in office, I called Akim...
"Akim, whatever I am going to say should be in between us only. I don't want any word to get outside this room" I said sternly while looking directly into his eyes and he agreed.
"Ok, I want you to get me details of Victor in 5 mins" I said and he left for the record room where details about every person who works for us is kept.
"Sir..." He entered with a blue file in his hand and Victor's name was written on it. After taking file from him, I looked at it but there was nothing suspicious.
"Uh, Akim do me a favor. I want all the details about Victor that is not in this file. From his childhood till now, each and everything. Even if it's a small detail" I instructed him and he went away without asking me anything else.

After 4 days, Akim contacted me and informed that he got an important detail regarding Victor. So, we decided to meet in my office in secret as it was the time when Caesar and I started spending time together.
"What is it?" I asked him as soon as he stepped inside with a new file.
"Sir, I searched about him in his childhood place and... got to know that he has a younger sister" He said and I furrowed my eye brows together.
"Sister?... But there is no information about her in the file" I said while opening his blue file again.
"Yes, that's what I am also confuse about... It means he is hiding something" He said and I leaned back in my chair while thinking about further steps.

"Did you have any photo of her?"  I asked with one eyebrow raised.
"That's the problem sir, Victor has erased every document related to her as if she never existed. I got this information only through an old lady who is still living in his neighborhood" He informed in whole detail.
"Hm, dig more. There must be some clue through which we can reach her and also keep an eye on Victor. I want to know his every step" I said while looking through the file Akim got.
"Sure sir" And he left the room. For three hours, I went through each and every detail about him in both the files.

After a week almost we got a break through. I was sitting with Rose in my room...
"I am happy that you both are now together" She said while caressing my head.
"I am glad that you are okay with our relationship" I said with a smile and she hugged me sideways.
"Of course I would. You were always a part of my family and I am not some kind of a bitch like Clara" She sneered while remembering about Clara.
"Who's Clara?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up to see her face.
"Oh, she was one hell of a bitch. Victor introduced her to us as his girlfriend" She said.
"Where is she now?" I asked and she looked at me for a second to figure out why I am asking all these questions.
"No idea son, they broke up 10 years ago and since then, we haven't seen Victor with anyone" She held my hand and I just nodded. But later she showed me a photo of Clara and her which I forwardrd to Akim.

That night I asked Akim to find out about Clara. And he got back to me within a day.
"Sir, she is Clara and is currently staying in New York" He gave me a photo of lady which is almost Rose age.
"Set a meeting with her" I said and he left to make arrangements. Next day, Akim informed me that she has agreed to meet.

"I was told that you want to meet me?" Clara sat opposite to me on the couch with one eye brow raised.
"You know who Mikhailov are" I said while putting one leg on the other.
"Of course" She said while keaning back.
"Why did you and Victor broke up?" I directly jumped on the topic.
"We were not fit for each other" She was not making eye contact with me while speaking.
"That's not true" I said and she panicked.
"N-No, this is the only t-truth" She stammered from fear.
"Give me the TRUTH, Clara... Otherwise you know me very well" I emphasised the word truth and she just looked down for a minute before telling me everything.

"Uh... I-I... One day, we both spent time together in hotel... At night, I heard his conversation with someone... about... K-Killing L-Leonid Mikhailov. I did not want to be part of it. So, I left him by saying that we are not compatible" She finally said everything but there was still something left.
"Do you know about his sister?" I asked and the moment word sister came out from my mouth, she started trembling.
"I... Uh, I... saw him talk to her once. Her name is... Svetlana" The minute I heard her name, my mind got blank.

Victor and Svetlana are related! I did not even know how to process that information...And I realised that all this conspiracy is fucking huge.