Twenty Seven

-𝓑𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓭 𝓗𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓼-

"Aanya, seriously, if you keep closing your eyes every time someone attacks, you're going to end up six feet under," Balaram exclaimed in disbelief as Aanya once again closed her eyes during their training session.

"Come on, Dau! These weapons are heavy, and I'm just a kid. Why are you putting me through this medieval torture?" she whined, half-serious and half-sarcastic.

Subhadra joined them in the garden, chiming in, "Oh, Aanya, this isn't torture. Torture is what our Bhrata Krishna has planned for you next."

Aanya's expression changed as she locked eyes with Subhadra, causing both Balaram and Subhadra to exchange knowing glances.

Curiosity sparked within her, Aanya turned to Balaram, demanding, "Alright, spill the beans. What's he plotting now?"

Balaram merely shrugged, feigning ignorance.

Aanya huffed, determined to have a word with Kanha. With a stomp of her foot, she announced, "I need to have a serious talk with him." And without wasting a moment, she stormed off towards Kanha's room, ready to give him a piece of her mind.

Aanya barged into Kanha's room, "Kanha, we need to talk," she announced, hands on her hips.

Krishna looked up from his scrolls, a twinkle in his eye as he smiled at her. "What brings you here with such fervor, Aanya?" he asked, clearly amused by her dramatic entrance.

"I demand answers! What's this whole trip thing about? I thought I was here to chill, not become a warrior princess," Aanya protested, trying her best to look stern but failing as a grin threatened to betray her.

Kanha leaned back in his seat, gesturing for her to sit down. "Aanya, the world is not as peaceful as you think it is. I want you to be prepared, to be strong, in case danger ever comes your way," he explained gently.

Aanya pouted, crossing her arms. "But can't I just hide behind you if things get dicey?"

Kanha chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm afraid not. You have to learn to stand on your own, to protect yourself."

After a moment of dramatic silence, Aanya sighed dramatically and relented. "Fine, I guess I can be a warrior princess, as long as you promise to help me prank Dau."

Kanha laughed, ruffling her hair affectionately. "Deal. Now, let's get back to training. And who knows, maybe one day you'll be the fiercest warrior of them all!"

"Oh, please!" She waved her hand dramatically. "I don't think I'll survive that much."

Kanha chuckled, "Don't worry about that. I don't think you'll be able to do your antics in front of the person who's going to train you."

Aanya looked at him with shock and disbelief. "Does that mean I can't use my puppy eyes to get myself out of this?"

Kanha laughed and shook his head at her antics. "Oh no!" she sighed dramatically, trying to lighten the mood. "Who is it?" she inquired eagerly.

"You will know tomorrow," Kanha replied mysteriously.

Aanya nodded resignedly. "Fine!" She rested her face on her hands, lost in thought. "By the way, Kanha, I was thinking... isn't it necessary to have a phone at this time, too?"