Twenty Six

-𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓥𝓪𝓼𝓮, 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽-

"Brihannala," Aanya peeked into Arjun's room with a wide grin, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Arjun closed his eyes, and a soft smile spread across his face. He turned to look at her with a mock stern expression, but the glint of laughter in his eyes gave him away.

"Can I come inside?" Aanya asked, her tone teasing.

He chuckled, "Look at you, asking for permission to enter my room. So proper, Aanya."

Aanya sauntered into his room, "Well, I thought I should show some respect since you're leaving."

Arjun grinned, "Oh, thank you so much. Now, I can finally live in peace."

"It's not a big deal," she said, waving her hand dramatically.

Arjun shook his head at her playful antics, unable to suppress his own laughter.

"I thought you might miss me once you return to Hastinapur," Aanya proudly declared, a hint of mischief in her voice.

Arjun raised an eyebrow, feigning surprise. "No, not at all. Who in their right mind would miss such a disaster like you, Aanya?" He widened his eyes, pretending exaggerated shock.

Aanya shot him a playful glare, her feigned indignation obvious. "Well, rest assured, I won't be missing you either, you silly idiot!"

Arjun couldn't hold back his laughter any longer. "Oh, thank the heavens!" he teased.

With a dramatic flourish, Aanya exclaimed, "Hey, Maa... Mata ji!" as she comically covered her ears. "Kaise insaan hai aap, thodi der ke lie mujhe pareshan karna band nahi kar sakte."

Amidst the laughter, Arjun managed to regain his composure and asked, genuinely curious, "Okay, tell me, what were you saying?"

But Aanya stamped her foot and turned away. "I'm not telling you now!" she huffed, trying to maintain a semblance of protest.

With a gentle touch, Arjun turned her face towards him, his eyes filled with warmth. "I'm sorry, Aanya," he whispered softly.

"Not accepted," she grumbled, secretly melting inside.

"We both know you can't stay angry with me for long," Arjun nudged her shoulder.

"Main abhi bhi aapse naraz hun," she turned her face away. "Manaiye mujhe."

"Acha aapne bataya hi nahi tha," Arjun said, a smile threatening to appear on his lips.

"Ab bata rahi hun na," she said.

"Toh mujhe aapko manana hoga?" Arjun asked her playfully as he stood behind her, his breath tickling her neck.

Aanya hit him with her elbow. "Dur rahiye."

Arjun took a step closer. Aanya tried to step away from him, but Arjun pulled her towards him, teasing her with a mischievous smile.

Aanya turned to glare at him, but some footsteps forced them to separate. Aanya could feel her cheeks growing warm, and she poked Arjun in the ribs before stepping back.

"Pranam Rajkumar," a maid came in. "Rajkumari Subhadra wants permission to meet you."

Aanya frowned upon hearing her name but forced a smile and pulled Arjun closer.

"You may let her come," Arjun said with a smile.

The maid nodded and left, leaving the two of them to continue their banter.